Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Eastchester, NY
It is stressful when you develop a medical condition that prevents you from working. If your medical condition renders you unable to work for an extended period, then you may need to consider filing for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. Luckily, this is not a process you must do on your own. A long-term disability lawyer serving Eastchester, NY from CCK is prepared to assist you at any stage of the process.
Unfortunately, obtaining such disability benefits can be a challenge. Insurance companies do not make it easy. Such companies deny many LTD claims every year in the United States. If you need help with your long-term disability claim or appeal, call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation.
Consulting a Long-Term Disability Lawyer in Eastchester is Beneficial for Your Claim
Many conditions can qualify for long-term disability benefits. If you have a health condition that diminishes your physical abilities (e.g., multiple sclerosis) or your cognitive abilities (e.g., sleep apnea), then you must consider filing for long-term disability insurance benefits. These benefits can protect your pre-disability earnings. This percentage is usually between 60 and 80 percent. Some claimants may decide to handle their claims on their own, but this can lead to mistakes that could result in a denial of benefits.
Therefore, consulting a long-term disability lawyer in Eastchester, New York can be beneficial for your claim. CCK serves the residents of Eastchester, NY. Our LTD attorneys have over 30 years of combined experience in this area of law and can help you file your claim or appeal your insurer’s adverse decision. We help our clients in several ways, including:
- Acting as a point of contact between them and the insurance company;
- Coordinating with their doctors to acquire medical records and reports;
- Tracking all filing deadlines;
- Ensuring, if applicable, that their claim is compliant with ERISA;
- Reviewing and submitting all documentation;
- And more.
We can help claimants at any stage of the long-term disability claims and appeals process, including litigation.
CCK Can Collect and Submit All Evidence on Your Behalf
Every long-term disability insurance policy contains a definition of disability. Claimants must prove to the insurance company that their condition meets their policy’s specific definition. Medical records are most claimants’ primary source of evidence. However, some claims require supplemental evidence too. CCK can collect and submit this evidence on your behalf. Our law firm utilizes various forms of evidence, such as:
- Specialized reports from treating physicians: Your doctors have unique insights into how your condition affects you. Thus, it is vital to maintain an open dialogue while receiving treatment so that they may fully understand the extent of your condition. Moreover, your treating physicians can write specialized reports that highlight key disabling aspects of your condition that ordinary medical records do not. These reports can reinforce your claim for disability benefits.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and co-workers: Oftentimes, others see how your condition impairs you daily. For example, family and friends witness how your condition impacts your private life. Likewise, co-workers can attest to how your condition prevents you from performing the occupational duties of your position at work. Obtaining witness statements from these individuals can bolster your LTD claim.
- Additional medical and vocational evaluations: Insurance companies prefer objective evidence, such as X-rays or MRIs. Depending on your claim, you may need outside experts to administer such evaluations, which can provide you with objective proof. CCK works with several third-party experts. These experts can provide you with functional capacity tests, neuropsychological assessments, vocational evaluations, and more.
We Can Help Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
The disability rate in Eastchester, NY is 3.3 percent. The reality of filing a long-term disability claim is one many individuals face. The process of obtaining these benefits is complex. Dealing with the insurance company does not help. Such companies prioritize their financial needs, which leads to a multitude of denials. Moreover, they routinely ask for more information and surveil claimants to ascertain a reason to issue such a denial.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick understand how frustrating and stressful it is dealing with such companies and want to help. We have extensive experience going up against all the big-name insurance companies, such as:
- New York Life
Our team can help alleviate the stress of dealing with the insurance company. We can act as a point of contact between you and them. In other words, all correspondence must first pass through us. This frees up your time to focus on what matters most: your health. Additionally, if you are filing an appeal, our team can review and request your insurer’s claim file they have on you, which will help us form a strong appeal on your behalf.
Call CCK Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Obtaining long-term disability benefits is often difficult. Yet it is not something you must do on your own. CCK can help you at any stage of the LTD process. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team. We will analyze your case and determine if we can assist you.
Eastchester Blog Posts
- What Happens to Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits If I Lose My Job?
Long-term disability (LTD) benefits are important for those who have a medical condition that prevents them from working. These benefits protect a percentage of a person’s income, usually between 60 and 80 percent of their pre-disability earnings. Yet what happens if they lose their job while receiving benefits? Generally, when you lose your job, it […]
- Surveillance Tactics in Long-Term Disability Claims
If you have filed for long-term disability (LTD) insurance due to a disabling medical condition, you may discover that approval of your claim rests on more than a submittal of documents. Often, insurance companies will enact surveillance tactics to ensure the validity of your claim. Yes, that means, in short, that insurance companies may spy […]
- Filing Deadlines for ERISA-Governed Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims
Learning to cope with a new sickness or injury can be difficult, stressful, and cause a lot of uncertainty. In addition to managing your health, you must navigate the procedures and deadlines associated with applying for ERISA-governed long-term disability (LTD) benefits. If you received your long-term disability insurance through your employer, the procedures are likely […]