Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Huntington, NY
A medical condition can become serious enough to prevent you from working. In some instances, you may become unable to work for an extended period. If you have a long-term disability (LTD) insurance policy, then you must consider filing for these benefits in Huntington, NY. However, obtaining such benefits can be difficult.
Insurance companies that administer LTD policies often deny claims. It can be disheartening to receive such a denial. Yet this is not something you must handle on your own. A long-term disability lawyer serving Huntington, NY from CCK is prepared to help you at any stage of the claims and appeals process. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Consulting a Long-Term Disability Lawyer to Help You with Your Claim Is Beneficial
The disability rate in Huntington, New York is 5.5 percent. As such, many individuals in Huntington may face the reality of needing to file a claim for disability benefits. Additionally, some residents may need to file an appeal due to the denial or termination of LTD benefits. Regardless, the long-term disability claims and appeals process can be intimidating.
Disability laws, such as ERISA, can be complex and difficult to navigate for claimants handling their claims on their own. Consulting a long-term disability lawyer can help you avoid missteps and increase your chances of receiving benefits.
CCK understands how frustrating and arduous this process is and wants to help. Whether you suffer from anxiety, multiple sclerosis, kidney disease, or some other condition, CCK has the experience to help you. We have been helping disability claimants for over 20 years receive the LTD benefits they need, and we may be able to help you too. Some of the ways in which we help our clients include:
- Reviewing and submitting all documentation, including the claim forms;
- Collecting and submitting all evidence;
- Ensuring all group policies are compliant with ERISA;
- Acting as a point of contact with their doctors, which helps us obtain important medical evidence on behalf of the claimant;
- Tracking all filing deadlines;
- And more.
In short, we can handle all aspects of your long-term disability claim in Huntington, NY so that you can focus on what matters most: your health.
CCK Can Gather and Submit All Evidence in Support of Your Huntington Long-Term Disability Claim
Some claims require evidence beyond just ordinary medical records. CCK can collect and submit this evidence on your behalf to reinforce your claim for benefits. Such evidence can include:
- Specialized reports from treating physicians: In a specialized report, your treating physicians can highlight key aspects of your disabling condition. These reports can bolster your LTD claim.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and co-workers: Personal acquaintances witness how your condition impairs you. Family and friends can vouch for how you are impaired at home, and co-workers can vouch for how you are unable to work.
- Additional medical and vocational evaluations: CCK works with several outside experts who can provide your claim with objective evidence. This can include functional capacity tests, neuropsychological assessments, and vocational evaluations.
Let Us Help Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
Insurance companies should handle every claim neutrally. However, this is often not the reality that long-term disability claimants face. Unfortunately, companies like Unum, Liberty Mutual, or New York Life routinely prioritize their financial needs. As a result, many claimants receive denials. Receiving a denial can be disheartening, but you have the right to appeal your insurer’s decision.
CCK understands how disheartening a denial or termination of benefits is and wants to help. We have over 30 years of combined experience dealing with insurance companies and know what they look for in a successful LTD claim. We can help alleviate the stress of dealing with these companies in several ways, including:
- Acting as a point of contact between you and them;
- Reviewing the denial letter;
- Requesting and reviewing your claim file;
- Collecting any necessary supplemental evidence needed for your appeal;
- Submitting a comprehensive appeal on your behalf;
- Litigating in court;
- And more.
We do not believe that you should worry about dealing with the insurance company. Let us handle them so that you can focus on managing your condition.
Call CCK Today for a Free Case Evaluation
CCK understands how difficult it is to obtain LTD benefits. Thus, a long-term disability lawyer serving Huntington, NY is ready to assist you regardless of where you are in the process.
Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation. A member of our team will analyze your case and determine if we can assist you.
Huntington Blog Posts
- Effective Communication and Long-Term Disability Claims
Long-term disability insurance can be purchased by individuals or can be received through your employer. If you lose income due to a covered disability, long-term disability insurance will replace all or some of your income and may provide other benefits. In order to receive these benefits, you must file a claim with your insurer. This […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Nurses
Developing a medical condition or suffering an injury that necessitates long-term disability (LTD) benefits can be overwhelming. Filing a claim for disability benefits may seem impossible to overcome for many nurses, but these benefits can protect your income when you are unable to work due to your condition. Nurses can face high-stress situations and often […]
- Own Occupation vs. Any Occupation Long-Term Disability Insurance Policies
Your long-term disability (LTD) insurance policy will specify what definition of disability you need to meet in order to receive benefits. Many definitions of disability contain language specifying what occupation(s) you must be disabled from in order to meet the definition of disability. LTD policies commonly refer to these definitions as own occupation and any […]