Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving North Caldwell, NJ
When you develop a medical condition that prevents you from working for an extended period, you must consider filing for long-term disability (LTD) benefits. These benefits can protect a percentage of your pre-disability earnings.
Unfortunately, insurance companies issue many denials of long-term disability benefits. If you are living in North Caldwell, NJ and are facing a denial of your LTD benefits from your insurer, a long-term disability lawyer from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may be able to assist you. Call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation with a member of our team.
Consulting a Long-Term Disability Lawyer is Beneficial for Your Claim
Some claimants may decide to handle their claims on their own. While this is possible, it is not always the best decision. The long-term disability process can be complex, especially if you have an ERISA-governed group policy.
As such, it is easy to make simple, common mistakes that could cost you your benefits. Thus, consulting with an experienced long-term disability lawyer is beneficial for your claim.
The long-term disability attorneys at CCK will ensure that you avoid these missteps. Your LTD policy contains a lot of crucial information but is often hard to understand. Our team can review your policy and use it to determine the best evidence to collect to demonstrate your need for benefits.
If you have a group policy through your employer, then you must be cognizant of ERISA—a federal law that governs such policies. ERISA has its own strict regulations that you must adhere to, and our ERISA attorneys will ensure that your claim is compliant to ensure a fair review.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Can Collect Supplemental Evidence to Strengthen Your LTD Claim
Medical records are most claimants’ primary source of evidence. Evidence is necessary to prove that your condition meets your policy’s definition of disability.
However, some claims require supplemental evidence. CCK utilizes several forms of supplemental evidence. We can collect and submit this evidence on your behalf. Such evidence can include:
- Specialized reports from your treating physicians: Medical records do not always tell the whole story about your condition. A specialized report from your treating physician can highlight key aspects of your condition that illustrate your need for LTD benefits. Thus, it is important to maintain open communication with your doctors as you receive treatment.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and coworkers: Others often see how your condition affects your daily life—both at home and at work. Family and friends can attest to how your condition affects you at home while coworkers can vouch for how you are impaired at work. Official witness statements from such individuals can bolster your claim and corroborate the other evidence you submit.
- Additional evaluations from outside experts: Some claims require additional medical and vocational evaluations. Insurance companies prefer objective evidence, and outside experts can provide your claim with such evidence. CCK works with several third-party experts who can provide functional capacity tests; neuropsychological evaluations; and vocational assessments.
CCK Can Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
Insurance companies should handle every LTD claim neutrally, but this is not always the reality. Unfortunately, it is common for such companies to prioritize their financial needs, which can lead to a multitude of denials. As such, if you file a claim for long-term disability benefits, you may face a denial. Insurance companies deny claims for various reasons, but you have the right to appeal their decision.
Nonetheless, insurance companies routinely make the LTD process more stressful. They frequently ask for more information, request claimants to attend independent medical exams (IMEs), and more. CCK can help alleviate this stress by acting as a point of contact between you and them. In other words, all correspondence from the insurance company must pass through us first. This frees up your time to focus on managing your condition.
Moreover, our team can review your claim file; track all deadlines; handle your appeal; advise you every step of the way; and fight for your benefits in court if necessary. Our long-term disability lawyers have over 30 years of combined experience and understand what insurance companies look for in a successful claim or appeal.
Call CCK Today for a Free Consultation
CCK is well-versed in ERISA and the LTD claim and appeal process. Whether you are filing an initial claim, appealing a denial or termination of benefits, or litigating in court, our team is prepared to help you. We will work diligently to win you your benefits while ensuring a fair review of your claim.
Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free consultation with a member of our team serving North Caldwell, NJ. We will evaluate your claim and see if we can help.
North Caldwell Blog Posts
- Independent Medical Exams (IME) for Long-Term Disability Claims
Filing for long-term disability benefits is often stressful for insured employees who develop a debilitating medical condition. There is a myriad of issues they may face, including the waiting period; the maximum benefit period, and others. One of the most common issues that LTD claimants face is when their insurer requests they attend an independent […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Brain Surgeons
Medical professions are demanding jobs. This is especially true when you are a brain surgeon. Brain surgeons, also known as neurosurgeons, are some of the most highly trained and specialized medical professionals. Over a decade’s worth of schooling and training is necessary to become one, so the prospect of not being able to work because […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Claims for Pediatricians
There are over 33,000 pediatricians working in the United States. Families across the country rely on them for their children’s health and overall well-being. However, when a medical condition or injury impairs a pediatrician’s ability to work, it can put not only themselves but their patients at risk. In such cases, it is vital to […]