Veteran (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Naperville, Illinois
If you are a military veteran with a service-related injury or illness that makes it difficult to perform everyday activities or work, you may be eligible to file a claim and receive disability compensation from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). There are resources to help you apply for these monthly monetary benefits located near Naperville.
If you already applied for benefits and received a denial notice, you can discuss your case with a representative of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD today.
A veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving Naperville, Illinois from our firm may be able to help you build a case for appeal. We use our knowledge and experience to appeal wrongful benefit denials in Naperville.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD now at (800) 544-9144 for your free case review.
VA Regional Benefit Office Serving Naperville, Illinois
There is only one VA regional benefit office in Illinois, the Chicago Regional Benefit Office. This office handles VA disability claims filed in Naperville and other areas around the state. You should not have to travel to Chicago to visit this office during the application or appeals process.
After you file your claim, a ratings specialist at this office may collect your application and gather evidence to support your claim. Unless you filed the documentation with your application, this may include contacting your medical care providers and your branch of the armed services.
Vet Center Serving Naperville, Illinois
If you would like assistance gathering the correct supporting documents, understanding if you qualify, or completing your claim, assistance may be available at the Aurora Vet Center. This facility is at 750 Shoreline Dr., Suite 150, in Aurora, IL. You can learn more by calling them today at 630-585-1853.
VA Medical Center Serving Naperville, Illinois
When it comes to receiving medical care in Naperville, you have several options. You may continue to see your private doctor, and VA may consider their diagnosis in the same way they trust the diagnosis of a VA doctor. Alternatively, if you qualify for VA health care, you can visit any of these facilities:
- Aurora VA Clinic: roughly 14 miles from Naperville, the Aurora VA Clinic may be your closest option for VA medical care. This facility provides primary care, emergency care, mental health care, and some specialty care.
- Joliet VA Clinic: the Joliet VA Clinic is about 20 miles from Naperville. They provide many of the same services as the Aurora VA Clinic, with a few additional specialties, including ophthalmology and optometry.
- Edward Hines Junior Hospital: both of the local VA clinics may refer veterans who may require inpatient care, surgical treatment, or more advanced treatment to the Edward Hines Junior Hospital in Hines, Illinois. This is a full-service VA medical center.
A Veteran (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Naperville, Illinois May Be Able to Build a Case for Appeal
If you received a denial of benefits in response to your initial claim or decision review request, you may still have options for challenging the decision and securing a grant of benefits. When VA denies your initial application for disability benefits, you have one year from the date of that denial to file an official appeal. In the new appeals system under AMA, veterans now have three options for filing an appeal. The three appeal lanes include:
- Requesting a Higher-level review by a more senior VA employee;
- Filing a Supplemental Claim with new and relevant evidence; or
- Submitting a Notice of Disagreement to the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
Requirements for an Approval
Generally, a grant of benefits requires proof of three things:
- An in-service event, injury, or illness;
- A current diagnosis by a medical professional; and
- A medical nexus, or link, between your in-service event, injury, or illness and your current diagnosis
If you filed a fully developed claim and are certain there is evidence to prove these three things, a higher-level review might be the best option for you. If you are unsure if you have strong enough evidence in your initial application or if you find something was missing in your file, a supplemental claim may be your best option.
A veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving Naperville, Illinois from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to represent you throughout this process, including during a formal appeal. Call us today for a free consultation on your case at (800) 544-9144.
Take Action to Fight for Your Benefits Today
If you are a U.S. military veteran who cannot work because of a diagnosed injury or illness that occurred during your service, or is otherwise service-related, you may qualify for VA disability benefits.
A veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving Naperville, Illinois from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to build your appeal and prove your case. We can use our knowledge of the process and experience with other VA disability denials to help you challenge your wrongful benefit denial.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD at (800) 544-9144 for a free evaluation and consultation with a member of our team to see if we can assist.