If you are a Kentucky resident who served in the U.S. military and became injured or ill, you may be eligible to receive disability benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs. If approved for VA disability, veterans receive a monetary monthly benefit along with access to other VA resources. Unfortunately, the application process for disability benefits can be challenging, even for veterans with diagnosed disabilities caused by service that severely impact their lives. If VA denies your veterans benefits, a veterans disability lawyer serving Kentucky can help you appeal this decision.
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD team serves veterans all over Kentucky. We want to help you fight for the VA benefits to which you are rightfully entitled. We offer a free initial case evaluation. Call 800-544-9144 today to speak with a member of our team.
Kentucky VA Benefit Resources
In Kentucky, veterans have several places to turn when in need of assistance from VA. The Commonwealth has one Regional Benefit Office and four VA Medical Centers. For legal help with a denial of VA disability benefits, the attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD proudly serve veterans in Kentucky, and we offer a free initial case evaluation. Call 800-544-9144 to speak with our team today.
Kentucky VA Regional Benefit Offices
Louisville: Louisville Regional Benefit Office
Kentucky VA Medical Centers
Ft. Thomas: Cincinnati VA Medical Center-Fort Thomas
Lexington: Lexington VAMC: Cooper Division
Lexington: Lexington VAMC: Leestown Division
Louisville: Robley Rex VA Medical Center
Kentucky VA Outpatient Clinic
Hopkinsville: Hopkinsville, Kentucky OPC
Kentucky VA Statistics
Roughly, 300,000 veterans live in Kentucky, comprising almost 9% of the population. Approximately 65,000 of these veterans receive disability benefits from VA. More than 143,000 veterans are enrolled in the VA healthcare system, and of these, nearly 102,000 have received treatment at a VA facility.
Approximately 45% of veterans living in Kentucky are 65 years or older and nearly 10% are military retirees.
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD VA Disability Legal Team Serves Kentucky Veterans
Starting with your free initial case evaluation, the Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD team is dedicated to fighting for you. We want to see to it that VA properly compensates you for the disabilities you have as a result of the sacrifices you made on behalf of our country.
Our team has fought and won VA disability for many of our clients. We know what it takes to put together a winning appeal. In order to receive a grant of VA disability benefits, we must show that you have a diagnosed disabling condition that was incurred during or caused by your military service.
You Have a Diagnosed Condition That Limits Your Functional Capacity
VA grants disability benefits to veterans whose conditions were incurred during or due to service and that limit their functionality to some degree. Limited functionality might refer to your ability to work or to your ability to carry out daily living activities, such as eating, bathing, and toileting. In general, the more severe your condition, the higher your disability rating, and thus the higher your benefit amount.
An Event in Your Military Service Caused Your Condition
In addition to providing evidence of a currently diagnosed condition, we must identify the illness, injury, or event during service and successfully argue that this event caused your current diagnosis. The event could be combat or a training mission or something such as a vehicle accident or even a gym mishap. What is most important is that we can provide evidence of a nexus, or link, between the in-service event and your current, diagnosed condition. This evidence could include your military and medical records or a professional medical opinion.
The VA Rating System
The monetary benefit amount of your VA disability depends on the severity of your condition, and our team puts great effort into gathering evidence and building an appeal that conveys the full extent of your disability. The difference in a combined VA disability rating of 10% and 100% amounts to several thousand dollars per month in benefits. We want to help you get every dollar you deserve.
If You Cannot Work Because of Your Service-Connected Condition, Ask Us About TDIU
VA has a special disability benefit that offers compensation at the 100% rate to veterans who cannot work because of their service-connected condition(s) but whose combined disability rating is not 100%. This benefit, known as Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability (TDIU), pays the maximum schedular monthly compensation even if your combined disability rating is not 100%. For TDIU approval, we must prove that you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities.
We Fight For Your TDIU Benefits
If you applied for TDIU and were denied, we will gather evidence and put together a thorough, compelling appeal that shows VA that you are unemployable based on your service-connected condition(s).
Call for Your Free VA Disability Case Evaluation With Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, we believe that you should be compensated for the disabilities you have due to your military service. For your free, no-risk case evaluation, call our office today at 800-544-9144 to speak with a veterans disability lawyer serving Kentucky.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »