Service-connected disability benefits are available through the Department of Veterans Affairs for disabled veterans who live in Maryland. Upon approval for disability benefits, you will receive a monthly check plus ancillary benefits such as free healthcare. But being granted VA disability is not easy or automatic. As many veterans have learned, having a diagnosed disability is not a guarantee to receiving a grant of benefits on the first try. If you receive an unfavorable decision from VA, a veterans disability lawyer serving Maryland can help you file an appeal of your denied veterans benefits.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is a VA disability law firm serving veterans in the state of Maryland. Our team focuses on helping veterans fight for disability benefits. We offer a free, no-risk initial consultation to determine if we are able to help you with your case. To speak with a member of our legal team, call our office at 800-544-9144.
Maryland VA Benefit Resources
Maryland offers several resources for veterans in need of VA assistance, including a Regional Benefit office in Baltimore and several VA Medical Centers within the state. If you need help with appealing a denial of VA disability benefits, the attorneys at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD proudly serve veterans in Maryland and offer a free, no-risk consultation. Call 401-331-6300 to schedule an appointment.
Maryland VA Regional Benefit Offices
Baltimore: Baltimore Regional Benefit Office
Maryland VA Medical Centers
Baltimore: Baltimore VA Medical Center
Baltimore: Loch Raven VA Medical Center
Perry Point: Perry Point VA Medical Center
Maryland VA Outpatient Clinics
Baltimore: Baltimore VA Annex
Baltimore: Loch Raven VA Outpatient Clinic
Cambridge: Cambridge VA Outpatient Clinic
Camp Springs: Southern PG County Outpatient Clinic
Charlotte Hall: Southern Maryland VA Outpatient Clinic
Cumberland: Cumberland Outpatient Clinic
Fort Meade: Fort Meade VA Outpatient Clinic
Frederick: Fort Detrick VA Outpatient Clinic
Gaithersburg: Montgomery County Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
Glen Burnie: Glen Burnie VA Outpatient Clinic
Hagerstown: Hagerstown Outpatient Clinic
Pocomoke: Pocomoke City VA Outpatient Clinic
Maryland VA Statistics
Almost 400,000 veterans call Maryland home, comprising nearly 9% of the state’s population. Nearly 80,000 of these veterans receive VA disability compensation, and 152,000 are enrolled in the VA health care system. More than 84,000 Maryland veterans have sought care at a VA facility.
More than 41% of Maryland veterans are 65 years or older; nearly 14% are military retirees.
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, Our Job Is to Help Maryland Veterans Win the VA Disability Benefits They Deserve
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is a dedicated law firm that works to secure VA disability benefits for deserving veterans. We give each client the personal care and service they deserve, taking the time to understand their unique situation and devise a strategy to put together the strongest, most compelling appeal for the benefits to which they are rightfully entitled.
A successful claim for VA disability has three components. First, we must prove that you have a diagnosed condition that meets VA’s standard for benefits. Second, we must identify an injury, illness, or event in service. Third, we must show that the injury, illness, or event in service caused or contributed to your current diagnosed disability.
Proving You Have a Disabling Condition
The VA requires proof of a disabling condition to receive benefits. This can come in the form of medical records, treatment notes, etc.
Your Condition Connects to Your Military Service
Just as important as establishing that you have a current, diagnosed condition, we must show that your condition was incurred during or due to your military service. To prove service connection, we rely on several forms of evidence. This evidence might include your military history and your medical records as well as statements from your treating physicians or fellow service members.
Determining your disability amount
To determine your disability benefit amount, VA rates the severity of your service-connected condition on a scale of 0 to 100%. This number, called your disability rating, is meant to represent the level to which your condition impacts your functional capacity. A condition rated at 100% typically indicates total disability; one rated at 0% is generally mild. The job of our dedicated legal team is to gather and assemble the evidence we need to make clear the full extent of your condition.
Schedule Your Free VA Disability Case Evaluation Today by Calling Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD at 800-544-9144
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our veterans lawyers have one focus, and that is on helping our deserving veterans receive the benefits they deserve for their sacrifices on behalf of this country. We serve veterans in the state of Maryland, and we want to make you our next satisfied client. We start by offering a free, no-risk case evaluation. To speak with a member of our team, call our office today at 800-544-9144.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »