Residents of Louisiana who became ill or injured during or due to service in the U.S. military could be eligible for disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs. VA offers these benefits to any veteran with a disability that was incurred in or due to service. But as many veterans have discovered, the application process for service-connected disability benefits can be lengthy and fraught with challenges. Even if you have a diagnosed disability and evidence supporting your claim, VA requires specific documentation and may deny benefits for seemingly arbitrary reasons. A veterans disability lawyer serving Louisiana can help you appeal an unfavorable decision or a denial.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD helps veterans in Louisiana receive VA benefits. We offer a free initial case evaluation in which we review your claim to determine if we are able to assist you. You deserve benefits for the sacrifices you have made, and we want to help you get them. For your free case evaluation, call us at 800-544-9144.
Louisiana VA Benefit Resources
As a veteran living in the state of Louisiana, you have access to several VA facilities. Louisiana has four VA Medical Centers throughout the state, plus a Regional Benefit Office in New Orleans. For legal help with issues regarding your VA disability compensation claim, contact Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD for a free case evaluation. Our VA disability lawyers proudly serve Louisiana veterans.
Louisiana VA Regional Benefit Offices
New Orleans: New Orleans Regional Benefit Office
Louisiana VA Medical Centers
New Orleans: Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System
Pineville: Alexandria VA Health Care System
Shreveport: Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Shreveport: Shreveport VA Medical Center
Louisiana VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics
- Baton Rouge: Baton Rouge Outpatient Clinic
- Bogalusa: Bogalusa VA Outpatient Clinic
- Franklin: Franklin VA Outpatient Clinic
- Hammond: Hammond VA Outpatient Clinic
- Houma: Houma CBOC
- Jennings: Jennings Clinic
- Lafayette: Lafayette CBOC Campus A Specialty and Primary Care
- Lafayette: Lafayette CBOC Campus B Mental Health
- Lake Charles: Lake Charles CBOC
- Leesville: Fort Polk CBOC
- Monroe: Monroe CBOC
- Natchitoches: Natchitoches CBOC
- New Orleans: New Orleans VA Outpatient Clinic
- Reserve: John VA Outpatient Clinic
- Shreveport: Knight Street Clinic
- Slidell: Slidell VA Outpatient Clinic
Louisiana VA Statistics
Louisiana is home to more than 287,000 veterans, making up more than 8% of its population. Approximately 60,000 of these veterans receive VA disability benefits, and almost 135,000 are enrolled in the VA health care system. More than 90,000 Louisiana veterans have sought care at a VA facility.
More than 41% of Louisiana’s veterans are at least 65 years old and roughly 9% have obtained full military retirement benefits.
The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Legal Team Helps Louisiana Veterans Get the VA Benefits They Deserve
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick, we are passionate about assisting veterans get the disability benefits to which they are rightfully entitled. We have fought and won VA disability for many veterans and want to put our knowledge and resources to work for you.
A successful claim for VA disability benefits demonstrates three things. First, we show that you have a diagnosis of a disabling condition. Second, we present evidence of an injury, illness, or event that occurred during your military service. Third, we show that there is a link between your current diagnosis and the in-service event.
You Have a Qualifying Condition
VA grants disability benefits for diagnosed conditions that were caused by or due to service in the military. VA disability compensation is determined by the severity of symptoms, treatment, and/or its impact on your ability to function in daily life and work. The purpose of disability benefits is to compensate veterans for their loss of functional capacity caused by their service-connected disability(s). We work to build a compelling case for your VA disability claim by using evidence to show the true extent of your condition and how it impacts your life.
Showing Your Condition is Due to Your Military Service
VA disability compensation is a program reserved for veterans whose condition(s) developed because of their military service. Accordingly, we must show a nexus, or link, between an event in your service and the condition for which you are requesting benefits. This nexus is crucial because without it, VA might deny your application on the grounds that your disability is not a result of your military service.
Do you qualify for TDIU?
The amount of VA benefits veterans receive varies based on their combined disability rating; a 100% combined rating corresponds to the highest schedular benefit amount. However, due to VA’s complex way of determining the combined rating, reaching a schedular 100% rating can be difficult. If you cannot work because of your service-connected disabilities, making ends meet can be difficult. A benefit called Total Disability based on Individual Unemployability (TDIU) provides another means by which veterans can be compensated at the 100% level when their service-connected disabilities impact their ability to work but do not combine to a 100% schedular rating.
For Your Free VA Disability Case Evaluation With a Member of the Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Team, Call 800-544-9144 Today
The VA disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD serve veterans in Louisiana and want to make you our next satisfied client. For a free case evaluation with a veterans disability lawyer serving Louisiana today, call our office at 800-544-9144.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »