CCK Team members present at NOVA Spring Conference
This year’s National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) spring conference was held in San Antonio, Texas from April 20-22. Several CCK team members presented at the conference:
Michelle Detore, Claims Advocate Supervisor
Michelle shared insight on the accreditation process for non-attorney individuals looking to become accredited practitioners before the Department of Veterans Affairs. The presentation discussed who could become accredited, the steps of the application process, as well as VA’s claim agent examination. She provided attendees with helpful studying tips and a practice examination.
Zachary Stolz, Partner
Zachary Stolz had a panel discussion with Chief Judge Robert N. Davis of the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. He and the Chief Judge discussed topics ranging from staffing at the Court to the decision-making process. Chief Judge Davis shared with Zach and with all NOVA attendees many of the challenges facing the Court and provided conference attendees with practical tips for representing their clients and advancing successful arguments in Court.
Additionally, Zach lectured on the status of the current law with respect to access to the VA electronic records system. He gave both legal updates and practical advice on navigating VA’s records system on behalf of veteran clients.
Robert Chisholm, Founding Partner
Robert served on a panel with three legal clinical professors to discuss how legal clinics serve the veteran population communities. He discussed CCK’s partnership with Harvard Law School’s Legal Service Center’s Veterans Legal Clinic as well as CCK’s partnership with the Roger Williams Law School’s Veterans Disability Appeals Field Clinic.
- Harvard Law School Partners With Chisholm, Chisholm & Kilpatrick To Launch Veterans Legal Clinic
- Board misinterpreted and misapplied the law in psychiatric disorder denial
- CCK Partners with Harvard Law School in a Class Action Case at the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- CCK Presents at Veterans Law Continuing Legal Education Conference in Montana
- Board Misapplied the Law Regarding Presumption of Soundness When Denying Veteran’s CUE Claim