CCK Partners, Staff Present at 2018 Veteran Advocate Conference
Robert Chisholm, Founding CCK Partner
Founding Partner Robert Chisholm presented on key case concepts using a real case study, and discussed how to use these concepts to effectively represent veterans and their dependents in front of the VA. Mr. Chisholm discussed how to argue for earliest possible effective dates for claims, as well as how to manage cases as they are appealed to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Barbara Cook, Partner
Barbara Cook discussed how to effectively write arguments and appeals at the Regional Office and Board of Veterans’ Appeals, as well as the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. VA decisions and examinations can often contain factual and legal errors. To effectively argue a claimant’s case, advocates must identify these and then present them to the agency or the Court in a thorough, concise, and persuasive manner.
Zachary Stolz, Partner
Zachary Stolz shared insight on case remedies at both the Agency level of VA practice and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. He tackled how to best use VA regulations, such as the VA’s Duty to Assist, in order to argue successfully for benefits. He also advised the conference on how to best approach certain claims based on what evidence is in the record, and how to further develop these cases.
Jenna Zellmer, Attorney
Court Attorney Jenna Zellmer discussed how to pursue direct service connection as a means of obtaining benefits for veterans through the VA. Direct service connection refers to a pathway to service connection that requires (1.) medical evidence of a current disability, (2.) evidence of an in-service event or injury, and (3.) a medical nexus, or link, between the in-service event and the current disability.
Kerry Baker, Licensed VA Practitioner
Kerry Baker, an expert in military exposures, reviewed herbicide agents, contaminated water at Camp Lejeune, environmental exposures in Iraq and Afghanistan, and ionized radiation. Kerry Baker offered resources and advice to advocates when arguing for veterans who have been impacted by military exposures.
- CCK Successfully Substituted Sister-in-Law into Case Before Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- CCK Settles Specially Adapted Housing Case For Army Veteran
- Agent Orange Case Gray v. Wilkie Certified to Supreme Court
- CCK Partners with Harvard Law School in a Class Action Case at the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- CCK Partner Zachary Stolz Delivers En Banc Oral Argument in Case Regarding Extraschedular Referral
- Do You Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer or Can You Handle the Case Yourself?
- What is a Supplemental Statement of the Case (SSOC)?
- What is a Statement of the Case (SOC)?