Kaitlyn C. Degnan
Kaitlyn joined CCK in September of 2017 as an Associate Attorney. Her practice focuses on representing disabled veterans before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Kaitlyn earned her J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law, graduating in 2017. She also earned a C.A.S. (Certificate of Advanced Study) in National Security and Counterterrorism Law from the Institute of National Security and Counterterrorism. In 2014, Kaitlyn earned her B.A. in Politics, cum laude, from the Catholic University of America, with minors in Psychology and Philosophy. During law school, she served as the Executive Editor of the Journal of International Law and Commerce, Senior News Reporter of Impunity Watch, and Chief Registrar of the Syrian Accountability Project. She spent a semester representing veterans before the VA in the Veterans Legal Clinic at Syracuse University. Kaitlyn has also held internships with a defense contractor and an electronics company.
During her free time, Kaitlyn enjoys reading, traveling, and getting to know the state of Rhode Island.
- State of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Not licensed by Rhode Island
- “CAVC Bars CUE Claims Based on the Retroactive Application of Wagner Rule on Aggravation,” Veterans Law Journal, Spring 2019
August 21, 2018
October 3, 2018
- Veterans Exposed to Waste Incinerator Contaminants in Atsugi, Japan
- Compensation and Pension (C&P) Exams for PTSD
- CCK Helps Air Force Veteran Secure Increased Rating and SMC Benefits
- What Are the Symptoms of Contaminated Water at Camp Lejeune?
- Board Erred in Relying on Inadequate Medical Opinion for Shoulder Disability