Resources for Veterans & Service Members
VA Resources for Mental Health Care, Treatment, & Support
For assistance with any distressing issue, not just suicide; service for veterans, service members, NG and Reservists, family and friends.
- 1-800-273-8255 press 1
- Confidential chat
- Text: 838255
- Support for deaf and hard of hearing: 800-799-4889
- Spanish: 888-628-9454
Shared experiences and support for veterans
- Information, shared stories, community, resources for veterans, family and friends, active duty, NG and reserves
For families and friends seeking care or services for a veteran
Counseling, peer support, and other resources for veterans and loved ones
Non-VA Resources for Mental Health Care, Treatment, & Support
Provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for caller or loved ones
24/7, free, confidential, anonymous; call, text, online chat
24/7 Peer-to-peer support network
- Housed at the Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care National Call Center in New Jersey
Supportive online community for people facing health challenges and those who care for them
Coping and Symptom Management Apps
- Moving Forward
- Virtual Hope Box
- Tactical Breather
- PTSD Coach
Other resources which may be of interest to Veterans
Access and manage your VA benefits and VA health care.
Learn more about help available for veterans and service members, joining the military, and more.
Important Information for Veterans and Transitioning Service Members
Information on the health insurance marketplace and getting insured.
- What Should I Do If My Military Service Records Were Destroyed?
- VA Vision Care and Which Veterans Qualify
- “Gulf War and Health: Generational Health Effects of Serving in the Gulf War” (2018)
- Medical Records to Support Your VA Disability Claim
- New Laws for Veterans and Service Members in 2020: NDAA
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST): How to Get Service Connection – Video
- Secondary Service Connection & Aggravation
- FOIA Basics: How to use the Freedom of Information Act
- 5 Ways to Establish VA Service Connection – Video
- The Elements of Service Connection
Share this Post