Achieving an Earlier Effective Date for VA Compensation
Our veterans disability lawyers do not stop at just obtaining benefits for veterans. We make sure that compensation is fair and most importantly, correct.
As part of an award of benefits, the VA establishes an “effective date” of the award. This means that the VA will determine at what date a veteran’s award will go into effect. Often, this date is the date that the veteran filed his or her most recent claim for compensation or increased compensation. Sometimes, this is not the earliest possible effective date, and the VA wrongly deprives veterans of the correct compensation.
Our Veterans Benefits Lawyers Can Help
CCK’s veterans benefits lawyers have many years of experience in determining whether the VA has awarded the correct effective date in a veteran’s claim. Our veterans lawyers are experienced with the VA’s regulations and court caselaw that may help a veteran secure an earlier effective date and also secure his or her correct compensation.
Securing the Correct VA Benefit Compensation for Veterans
If the effective date is incorrect, then a veteran is likely being deprived of the correct compensation they are entitled to. For example, an award with an effective date one year earlier would entitle the veteran to one year of retroactive benefits. But, if the effective date may be earlier, perhaps years earlier, this entitles the veteran to many times the award granted by the VA.
To find out if you are eligible to receive VA disability benefits, contact our veterans disability lawyers for a free case evaluation.« Return to the Veterans' Resource Center
- What is the Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA)?
- Getting Veterans (VA) Disability for Toxic Water at Camp Lejeune
- What is a Statement of the Case (SOC)?
- What is the CAVC, or Veterans Court?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »