Are Vietnam Veterans the Only Veterans Exposed to Agent Orange?
Vietnam veterans are not the only veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange during their service. The VA maintains a list of military operations and time periods during which the military used Agent Orange. Veterans who served in any of these capacities may apply for and be eligible to receive VA disability benefits for medical conditions associated with Agent Orange exposure.
Military Operations That Involved Agent Orange
Agent Orange is a defoliant and herbicide used by the U.S. military during the 1960s and 1970s. Agent Orange’s primary use was to defoliate forests and cut off the food sources of enemy soldiers.
The most common use of Agent Orange was during the Vietnam War, between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975. However, the VA also presumes you were exposed to Agent Orange if you served in any of the following locations:
- Anywhere in the Korean Demilitarized Zone between September 1, 1967 and August 31, 1971.
- In a C-123 aircraft used by the military to spray Agent Orange after the Vietnam War, due to the possibility of coming into contact with residue.
If your military records show that you served in one of these locations during the specified timeframes, you are entitled to a presumption of exposure.
Showing a Connection Between Agent Orange and Your Medical Condition
The VA does not offer benefits on the basis of Agent Orange exposure alone. You must also have one of the following presumptive conditions:
- AL Amyloidosis
- Chronic B-cell Leukemias
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
- Hodgkin’s Disease
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Multiple Myeloma
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy, Early-Onset
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
- Prostate Cancer
- Respiratory Cancers (lung cancer, larynx cancer, trachea cancer, bronchus cancer)
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas
If you have a condition that is not on this list, your lawyer can review your service and medical records to try and help you build a strong case that your exposure to Agent Orange caused your condition.
For a Free VA Disability Consultation with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, Call 800-544-9144 Today
The VA disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help you apply for and receive VA disability benefits for your conditions caused by Agent Orange exposure. For a free evaluation, call our staff at 800-544-9144.
- Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Named One of Rhode Island’s Best Places to Work 2018 By Providence Business News
- Anna Durham wins the Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Child of a Disabled Veteran Scholarship
- CCK Partner Robert Chisholm Participates as Judge in Moot Court Competition
- Robert Chisholm Interviews Military Exposures Expert Dr. Victoria Cassano
- Meet Ally Niven, 2018 Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Child of an American Veteran Scholarship Winner
Share this Post