Vietnam veterans are not the only veterans who were exposed to Agent Orange during their service. The VA maintains a list of military operations and time periods during which the military used Agent Orange. Veterans who served in any of these capacities may apply for and be eligible to receive VA disability benefits for medical conditions associated with Agent Orange exposure.
Military Operations That Involved Agent Orange
Agent Orange is a defoliant and herbicide used by the U.S. military during the 1960s and 1970s. Agent Orange’s primary use was to defoliate forests and cut off the food sources of enemy soldiers.
The most common use of Agent Orange was during the Vietnam War, between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975. However, the VA also presumes you were exposed to Agent Orange if you served in any of the following locations:
- Anywhere in the Korean Demilitarized Zone between April 1, 1968, and August 31, 1971.
- In a C-123 aircraft used by the military to spray Agent Orange after the Vietnam War, due to the possibility of coming into contact with residue.
If your military records show that you served in one of these locations during the specified timeframes, you are entitled to a presumption of exposure.
Showing a Connection Between Agent Orange and Your Medical Condition
The VA does not offer benefits on the basis of Agent Orange exposure alone. You must also have one of the following presumptive conditions:
- AL Amyloidosis
- Chronic B-cell Leukemias
- Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
- Hodgkin’s Disease
- Ischemic Heart Disease
- Multiple Myeloma
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Peripheral Neuropathy, Early-Onset
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
- Prostate Cancer
- Respiratory Cancers (lung cancer, larynx cancer, trachea cancer, bronchus cancer)
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas
If you have a condition that is not on this list, your lawyer can review your service and medical records to try and help you build a strong case that your exposure to Agent Orange caused your condition.
For a Free VA Disability Consultation with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, Call 800-544-9144 Today
The VA disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help you apply for and receive VA disability benefits for your conditions caused by Agent Orange exposure. For a free evaluation, call our staff at 800-544-9144.« Return to the Veterans' Resource Center
- As a Veteran, How Much Will My Appeal of a Board Denial to the Court Cost?
- Can You Receive VA Disability Benefits for Life?
- When Will Appeals Reform Take Effect?
- How Can a Veteran File an Appeal in the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »