Veteran (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Fort Worth, Texas
If you received a denial of veterans’ benefits and want help seeking an appeal, contact our firm. A veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving Forth Worth, Texas with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can explain your legal options and help you obtain benefits.
Under the Appeals Modernization Act, there is typically a time limit of one year from the date you received your denial to seek an appeal. Do not lose the opportunity to make an appeal and possibly overturn the initial denial.
Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation: (844)-549-4500.
Fort Worth, Texas VA Regional Benefit Office
701 Clay Avenue
Waco, Texas 76799
Fort Worth, Texas Benefit Office
2201 SE Loop 820
(Located in the Fort Worth VA Outpatient Clinic)
Fort Worth, TX 76119
5301 Campus Drive
Bldg SERS, Room 1104-S
Fort Worth, TX 76119
828 W Harwood Road
Room NADM 1201A
Hurst, TX 76054
406 Summit Ave
Veterans Assistance Center, UTA PO Box 19345
Arlington, TX 76019
Fort Worth, Medical Center
1518 East Lancaster Road
Community Resource & Referral Center (CRRC)
Fort Worth, TX 76102-6774
2201 Southeast Loop 820
Fort Worth, TX 76119-5863
We Protect Your Rights and Show You Available Options to Appeal
If you served in one of our nation’s military branches (Army, Navy, Airforce, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard) and suffered an injury or illness related to your active duty, you may be eligible for VA disability benefits.
In our experience as VA disability lawyers, there are a number of reasons veterans who are initially denied benefits may have received an unfavorable decision, including, but not limited to:
- Omitted necessary documentation to show a link between their health condition and their military service.
- Did not complete all required paperwork.
- Made errors in the application and other documents.
That is why you should contact Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. We will do all we can for a successful resolution to get you the disability benefits you deserve.
For a free consultation, call (800) 544-9144.
We Serve Veterans Nationwide
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD is an award-winning law firm based in Rhode Island that helps veterans throughout the United States.
Our focus on veterans’ disability issues means that you will have a strong advocate to appeal wrongfully denied benefits. We understand the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) complex appeals structure. It is our mission to successfully appeal a wrongfully denied benefit with a thorough process where we may:
- Review your claim to ensure that the law was properly applied to your case by your VA regional office or the Board of Veterans’ Appeals;
- Secure new and relevant evidence to file a supplemental claim that is complete and compelling;
- Represent you and protect your rights at your VA Regional Office or in front of the Board of Veterans’ Appeals or U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
The procedure for filing VA appeals has changed under the Appeals Modernization Act. You could inadvertently jeopardize your chance to appeal a wrongfully denied benefit. A veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving Forth Worth, Texas with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can be with you throughout this challenging and lengthy process.
What VA Requires for a Grant of Disability Benefits
VA disability compensation benefits are for veterans with a service-connected injury or illness. You do not necessarily have to be diagnosed with a medical condition while you were on active duty, but you must demonstrate a link between your service and your current diagnosis.
Medical conditions that may be considered for VA disability benefits include:
- Hearing loss
- Cancers caused by environmental toxins
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Depression and anxiety
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
Approval of benefits typically requires three elements:
- A current diagnosis by an appropriate healthcare provider.
- An event, injury, or illness related to your active military service or military occupational specialty.
- A medical link between your in-service event, injury, or illness, and your current diagnosis.
Successfully filing a VA appeal can be complicated and time-consuming. A veterans’ advocate or lawyer with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can answer your questions and keep you informed throughout this process. To get started, call (844) 549-4500.
How a Veteran Disability Lawyer Serving Fort Worth May Help
A veterans’ disability attorney will collect evidence to prove a link between your diagnosed health condition and your period of service.
While every veteran’s case is unique, some of the development the legal team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may do for your appeal include:
- Analyze your military and civilian medical records.
- Correspond with your medical provider (with your permission) about your current diagnosis and how it relates to your military service.
- Secure testimony and documentation from subject matter experts like disability and medical professionals.
- Obtain supporting evidence from fellow service members who may have seen the event that resulted in your injury or illness.
It is your legal right to have an attorney represent you at all levels of the VA appeals process. You pay attorney fees only if your veteran (VA) disability lawyer serving Forth Worth, Texas successfully resolves your case. For a free consultation, call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD: (844) 549-4500.
VA Disability Benefits Are Unique
Unlike other compensation programs, VA disability benefits are not based on financial need. You may still work and be eligible for benefits. VA determines your amount of compensation based upon your combined disability rating.
VA rates disability benefits on a scale from 0 to 100%. Higher combined ratings result in higher monthly compensation. For example, a veteran with a combined disability rating of 100% can receive $3,106.04, as of December 31, 2018.
Call for a Free Consultation
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD has a dedicated team of lawyers advocates who guide clients through complex VA disability cases.
We believe in personalized legal representation with the highest levels of integrity and professional standards. To learn more about our firm, call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD for a free consultation: (844) 549-4500.
Fort Worth Blog Posts
- Agent Orange and Liver Cirrhosis: VA Disability Benefits
Veterans exposed to Agent Orange and later develop liver cirrhosis may qualify for VA disability benefits if they can prove a relationship between exposure and their disability. Agent Orange Overview Agent Orange is an herbicide agent that was used by the United States military during the Vietnam War. Specifically, Agent Orange is a 50/50 mixture […]
- Migraines Secondary to PTSD VA Disability Benefits
Overview of PTSD Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition caused by experiencing a distressing, shocking, or otherwise traumatic event. Many veterans experience PTSD stemming from events they witnessed or experienced during their military service. PTSD can be diagnosed by a medical professional, whether it be a therapist, psychiatrist, or general practitioner. It […]
- VA Disability Ratings for Small Cell Carcinoma
What is Small Cell Carcinoma? Small cell lung cancer is a type of cancer that most commonly occurs in the lung. In this form of cancer, malignant cells form in the tissues of the lung. The lungs are two organs that make up the respiratory system and make it possible for a person to properly […]