Long-Term Disability Lawyer Serving Cedar Park, TX
It is stressful developing a medical condition that impairs your ability to work. However, you may have a long-term disability (LTD) insurance policy. If so, then you must consider filing for these essential monthly benefits if you are unable to work for an extended period. A long-term disability lawyer serving Cedar Park, TX from CCK can help.
Obtaining these benefits can be challenging. Insurance companies deny a multitude of LTD claims every year in the United States. The Texas long term disability lawyers at CCK understand how difficult it is and want to help. You can call us today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Consulting a Long-Term Disability Lawyer Is Beneficial for Your Claim
The disability rate in Cedar Park, TX is 6.2 percent. If you have a disability that makes you unable to work, you may need to file a disability claim. Some claimants may try and handle their claim on their own. However, this is not always advisable. Individuals not familiar with this area of law are more apt to make mistakes that could lead to a denial or termination of their benefits. Therefore, consulting an experienced long-term disability lawyer is beneficial.
Our team of long-term disability attorneys serving Cedar Park, Texas have over 30 years of combined experience. We understand how to navigate this often-complex process. Moreover, we can assist you at any stage, from filing the initial claim to court litigation.
Whether you have a medical condition that impairs your mobility (e.g., chronic pain) or one that impairs your cognitive abilities (e.g., insomnia), CCK can help fight for your benefits. Some of the ways we help our clients include:
- Ensuring all group policies are compliant with ERISA;
- Reviewing and submitting all documentation;
- Tracking all filing deadlines;
- Determining, collecting, and submitting all evidence;
- And more.
We can handle all aspects of your initial claim. Moreover, if the insurance company denies your claim, our team can help with your appeal. We know how these companies operate and can put together and submit a comprehensive appeal package on your behalf.
CCK Can Collect and Submit All Evidence for Your Cedar Park, TX Long-Term Disability Claim
Every long-term disability insurance policy contains a definition of disability. Claimants must prove to their insurer that their medical condition disables them per this definition. Therefore, those filing for LTD benefits must submit evidence to the insurance company. Medical records are most claimants’ primary source of evidence. Yet some claims require supplemental evidence too. CCK can collect and submit all such proof on your behalf, including:
- Specialized reports from treating physicians: Your doctors have unique insights into how your condition affects you. Thus, it is vital to maintain an open dialogue with your doctors while receiving treatment so that they may fully understand how your condition impairs you. A specialized report from your treating physicians can highlight key disabling aspects of your condition that medical records do not.
- Witness statements from family, friends, and co-workers: Others often see how your condition impacts your life. For example, family and friends can see how your condition impairs you at home, and co-workers can attest to how you are unable to perform your job in the workplace.
- Additional medical and vocational evaluations: CCK works with several outside experts who can provide your claim with objective evidence. Insurance companies prefer such evidence and having a third-party expert evaluate your condition can strengthen your claim. Such experts can provide functional capacity tests, neuropsychological assessments, and vocational evaluations.
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick Can Alleviate the Stress of Dealing with the Insurance Company
Insurance companies deny numerous claims every year. Once a claimant files their initial claim, the insurance company will closely analyze the claim. This can include file reviews, surveillance, social media monitoring, independent medical exams, and more. Nonetheless, it can be stressful, especially if they begin incessantly asking you for more information. CCK understands how frustrating this is and wants to help.
First, CCK can act as a point of contact between you and your insurer. In other words, all correspondence must first pass through us. This frees up your time to focus on what matters most: your health. Additionally, we can review the insurance company’s denial letter; request and review the claim file; collect additional evidence; and more.
CCK has a proven record of success dealing with insurance companies for over three decades. Whether you are dealing with Unum; Prudential; Aetna; or countless others, we have the experience to hold them accountable and fight for your benefits. If necessary, we may be able to represent you during court litigation too.
Call Us Today for a Free Case Evaluation
The long-term disability claims and appeals process is not one you must handle on your own. A long-term disability lawyer serving Cedar Park, TX from CCK is ready to help you at any stage of this process.
Call CCK today at 800-544-9144 for a free case evaluation. A member of our team will analyze your case and determine if we can assist you.
Cedar Park Blog Posts
- Is Long-Term Disability Taxable?
Navigating Long-term disability (LTD) insurance can be confusing and adding tax considerations on top of that can be stressful. Long-term disability provides financial benefits to you if you are unable to work for a long period of time due to disability. But are the benefits you receive taxable? In short, long-term disability benefits can be […]
- Why Do Insurers Deny Long-Term Disability Claims?
When a person develops a medical condition that impairs their ability to work, they want to know that they can turn to their long-term disability (LTD) benefits. Yet many insurance companies routinely deny LTD claims. This can make the possibility of receiving such benefits seem impossible. Unfortunately, insurance companies prioritize their financial needs often. These […]
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular disease includes many different problems with the heart and blood vessels. It can cause a variety of symptoms and result in severe complications, both of which may impact an individual’s ability to work. If you are unable to work due to your cardiovascular disease, you may be able to file a long-term disability (LTD) […]