Are you a Pennsylvania resident? Did you serve in the military? Do you currently suffer from a disabling medical condition due to your time in service? If so, you might be entitled to VA service-connected disability benefits. Unfortunately, proving this is harder than you might think, and many deserving veterans receive denials.
If this happened to you, a VA disability lawyer serving Pennsylvania can help you appeal your denial and get the compensation you deserve. Call 800-544-9144 for a free consultation with Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD.
Pennsylvania VA Benefit Resources
Pennsylvania VA Regional Benefit Offices
Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh Regional Benefit Office
Philadelphia: Philadelphia Regional Benefit Office
Pennsylvania VA Medical Centers
Butler: VA Butler Healthcare
Coatesville: Coatesville Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Erie: Erie VA Medical Center
Lebanon: Lebanon VA Medical Center
Philadelphia: Philadelphia VA Medical Center
Wilkes-Barre: Wilkes-Barre VA Medical Center
Pennsylvania VA Statistics
As of 2016, Pennsylvania has:
- Over 845,000 veterans living in the state (roughly 8.7 percent of the state’s adult population).
- Over 121,000 state residents receiving VA disability benefits.
- Nearly 350,000 veterans in currently enrolled in the VA health care system (232,000 have sought treatment at a VA medical center).
Nearly 54 percent of veterans living in Pennsylvania are 65 years or older, and over six percent are military retirees, meaning they served enough years to receive full military retirement benefits.
Winning VA Disability Benefits in Pennsylvania
Unfortunately, benefit denials are common for disabled veterans, so if your application was denied, you are not alone. The VA disability lawyers at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can review your claim, strengthen it, gather evidence and supporting documentation, and help you improve your chances of receiving a grant.
To receive a grant of service connection, we must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Evidence of an illness, injury, or event that occurred during active duty military service;
- A current diagnosis of a disabling medical condition from a qualified professional; and
- A nexus, or link, connecting an event in your military service to your diagnosis.
The nexus medical opinion is vital to any claim. Without a strong link showing a cause-and-effect relationship between your military service and your diagnosis, your chances of receiving an approval for benefits are low.
For instance, we might present evidence that you sustained a back injury during a training exercise, which led to a chronic back condition. If your time in service caused damage to your hearing, we can gather documentation showing repeated noise exposure during combat or training, leading to hearing loss.
We thoroughly develop your case by getting copies of your military personnel and medical records, post-service medical records, physician statements, and the testimony of medical experts.
VA Disability Compensation Levels
The first step in the process is receiving a grant of service connection. Next, we help you earn the highest possible combined disability rating, as this rating determines the amount of compensation you receive each month.
Disability ratings range from 0 percent, a level at which you do not receive a monthly check but might qualify for ancillary benefits (such as health care), to 100 percent, a rating that signifies full disability and makes you eligible for the highest schedular amount of compensation.
As of December 31, 2017, the VA monthly benefit based on combined disability rating is as follows:
- 10 percent disability rating: $136.24 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $269.30 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $417.15 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $600.90 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $855.41 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,083.52 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,365.48 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,587.25 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $1,783.68 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $2,973.86 per month
If you receive a rating of 30 percent or higher, you could qualify for additional benefits for household members who depend on you financially, such as your spouse, children, or dependent parents.
For a Free Consultation, Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD: 800-544-9144.
You sacrificed your health to serve our country, and for that, we believe you deserve to be taken care of. Our attorneys want to make sure that happens. To see how we can help with your appeal, call us at 800-544-9144 today for a free consultation.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »