Veterans (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Lancaster, OH
If you are a veteran living in Lancaster, Ohio with a service-related disabling condition, you may be eligible for disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
If you already filed a claim but VA denied you benefits, a veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving Lancaster from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help. Call 800-544-9144 today to schedule a free consultation.
VA Facilities Serving Lancaster, OH
There are several VA facilities offering benefit, health care, and social services to veterans living in Lancaster. These include a VA clinic, medical centers, and a Regional Office.
The Lancaster VA Clinic provides primary and specialty health care services to veterans living in the Lancaster, OH area. Specifically, it offers laboratory services, mental health care treatment, pharmaceutical services, and more. Visit the Lancaster VA Clinic website to learn more.
The Cleveland Regional Office serves veterans throughout Ohio’s 88 counties, including veterans living in the Lancaster area. These services include administering disability compensation, education programs, insurance, pension, and Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E). Veterans can also reach out to the Regional Office if they need assistance applying for VA benefits. Visit the Cleveland Regional Office website to learn more.
VA Medical Centers
In addition, Ohio has five VA medical centers:
- Chillicothe VA Medical Center
- Cincinnati VA Medical Center
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
- Chalmers P. Wylie Outpatient Clinic (VA Central Ohio health care)
- Dayton VA Medical Center
How to Win VA Compensation in Lancaster, OH
To qualify for VA disability compensation, disabled veterans must have proof of service connection the following three things:
- An in-service event, injury, or illness;
- A current diagnosis of a disabling condition by a medical professional; and
- A nexus, or link, between the in-service event and disability.
If these criteria are met, VA will assign a disability rating to the veteran’s disabling condition. Disability ratings range from 0 to 100 and increase by increments of 10. Generally, the more severe the symptoms, the higher the rating.
If a veteran has multiple service-connected disabilities, VA “adds” the individual ratings together using VA math to get a combined disability rating. Combined disability ratings determine a veteran’s monthly benefit amount.
VA Disability Compensation Rates
As of December 1st, 2022 the VA disability rate benefit amounts are as follows:
- 0 percent disability rating: $0.00 per month
- 10 percent disability rating: $165.92 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $327.99 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $508.05 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $731.86 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $1,041.82 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,319.65 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,663.06 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,933.15 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $2,172.39 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $3,621.95 per month
Veterans with at least a 30 percent combined disability rating and one or more dependents maybe eligible for additional compensation for each qualifying dependent.
Appealing a VA Denial in Lancaster, OH
If VA denied your claim for disability benefits, there are three ways to appeal the decision under the Appeals Modernization Act (AMA):
- Request a Higher-Level Reviewof your current claim by a senior VA employee;
- Submit new and relevant evidence as part of a Supplemental Claim; or
- File a Notice of Disagreementwith the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
A veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving Lancaster, OH from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may be able to help you decide which appeal lane best fits your situation. Reach out to CCK today for a free case review.
How a CCK Veterans (VA) Disability Lawyer Can Help with Your Appeal
If you have a service-related disabling condition but VA denied you benefits, a Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD veterans (VA) disability attorney serving Lancaster, OH may be able to help you appeal the decision.
The attorneys and accredited claims agents at CCK have decades of collective experience successfully winning appeals on behalf of veteran clients. We may be able to put our knowledge and expertise to work for your case.
Reach out to CCK today at 800-544-9144 to get started.
Lancaster Blog Posts
- Burial Benefits for Veterans and Eligibility
Certain veterans and their dependents are eligible for burial benefits through VA based on a number of criteria. There are two types of burial benefits: the burial itself, and compensation for the costs of the burial. Both have specific eligibility requirements and are handled by two different entities within VA: the National Cemetery Administration (NCA) […]
- 2018-2019 VA Disability Rate Pay Charts
The Department of Veterans Affairs provides service-connected compensation to veterans suffering from conditions due to military service. The amount of monthly compensation a veteran receives depends on his or her combined disability rating. The current VA disability compensation rates as of 2019 range from $140 to $3,057 for a single veteran with no dependents. Additional […]
- What Benefits Are You Eligible for as a Disabled Veteran?
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other government institutions offer an array of benefits to veterans with disabilities, injuries, or illnesses. To qualify for such benefits, veterans typically must meet specific criteria. Read on to learn what these benefits for disabled veterans are and if you are eligible. VA Disability Compensation VA offers […]