Veterans (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Lancaster, OH
If you are a veteran living in Lancaster, Ohio with a service-related disabling condition, you may be eligible for disability benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
If you already filed a claim but VA denied you benefits, a veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving Lancaster from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help. Call 800-544-9144 today to schedule a free consultation.
VA Facilities Serving Lancaster, OH
There are several VA facilities offering benefit, health care, and social services to veterans living in Lancaster. These include a VA clinic, medical centers, and a Regional Office.
The Lancaster VA Clinic provides primary and specialty health care services to veterans living in the Lancaster, OH area. Specifically, it offers laboratory services, mental health care treatment, pharmaceutical services, and more. Visit the Lancaster VA Clinic website to learn more.
The Cleveland Regional Office serves veterans throughout Ohio’s 88 counties, including veterans living in the Lancaster area. These services include administering disability compensation, education programs, insurance, pension, and Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E). Veterans can also reach out to the Regional Office if they need assistance applying for VA benefits. Visit the Cleveland Regional Office website to learn more.
VA Medical Centers
In addition, Ohio has five VA medical centers:
- Chillicothe VA Medical Center
- Cincinnati VA Medical Center
- Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
- Chalmers P. Wylie Outpatient Clinic (VA Central Ohio health care)
- Dayton VA Medical Center
How to Win VA Compensation in Lancaster, OH
To qualify for VA disability compensation, disabled veterans must have proof of service connection the following three things:
- An in-service event, injury, or illness;
- A current diagnosis of a disabling condition by a medical professional; and
- A nexus, or link, between the in-service event and disability.
If these criteria are met, VA will assign a disability rating to the veteran’s disabling condition. Disability ratings range from 0 to 100 and increase by increments of 10. Generally, the more severe the symptoms, the higher the rating.
If a veteran has multiple service-connected disabilities, VA “adds” the individual ratings together using VA math to get a combined disability rating. Combined disability ratings determine a veteran’s monthly benefit amount.
VA Disability Compensation Rates
As of December 1st, 2022 the VA disability rate benefit amounts are as follows:
- 0 percent disability rating: $0.00 per month
- 10 percent disability rating: $165.92 per month
- 20 percent disability rating: $327.99 per month
- 30 percent disability rating: $508.05 per month
- 40 percent disability rating: $731.86 per month
- 50 percent disability rating: $1,041.82 per month
- 60 percent disability rating: $1,319.65 per month
- 70 percent disability rating: $1,663.06 per month
- 80 percent disability rating: $1,933.15 per month
- 90 percent disability rating: $2,172.39 per month
- 100 percent disability rating: $3,621.95 per month
Veterans with at least a 30 percent combined disability rating and one or more dependents maybe eligible for additional compensation for each qualifying dependent.
Appealing a VA Denial in Lancaster, OH
If VA denied your claim for disability benefits, there are three ways to appeal the decision under the Appeals Modernization Act (AMA):
- Request a Higher-Level Reviewof your current claim by a senior VA employee;
- Submit new and relevant evidence as part of a Supplemental Claim; or
- File a Notice of Disagreementwith the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
A veterans (VA) disability lawyer serving Lancaster, OH from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick may be able to help you decide which appeal lane best fits your situation. Reach out to CCK today for a free case review.
How a CCK Veterans (VA) Disability Lawyer Can Help with Your Appeal
If you have a service-related disabling condition but VA denied you benefits, a Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD veterans (VA) disability attorney serving Lancaster, OH may be able to help you appeal the decision.
The attorneys and accredited claims agents at CCK have decades of collective experience successfully winning appeals on behalf of veteran clients. We may be able to put our knowledge and expertise to work for your case.
Reach out to CCK today at 800-544-9144 to get started.
Lancaster Blog Posts
- VA Disability Ratings for Gallbladder Conditions
What are Gallbladder Conditions? The gallbladder is located under the liver and is responsible for storing bile produced by the liver. The gallbladder releases bile to the small intestine to help digest fat. Gallbladder conditions occur when something, such as inflammation, infection, or blockage, interferes with normal gallbladder function. Types of Gallbladder Conditions Gallbladder inflammation, […]
- VA Disability Ratings for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
Hodgkin’s lymphoma affects many veterans, particularly those who may have been exposed to toxins, or other chemicals, during their service. Veterans who developed Hodgkin’s lymphoma as a result of their service are eligible for monthly VA disability benefits. What is Hodgkin’s Lymphoma? Lymphomas are cancers that start in the white blood cells, or lymphocytes. There […]
- VA Disability Benefits for Sleep Disorders Secondary to Depression
What is Depression? Depression, or major depressive disorder, is a serious medical condition that can interfere with necessary activities of life, such as eating, sleeping, and working. Depression can affect how a person feels and thinks. As such, depression often takes a significant mental, emotional, and physical toll on a person. Symptoms of Depression Feelings of sadness, […]