Seeking Denied Disability Benefits
At our firm, we help those people who may have bought a private disability policy and are now facing a denial of coverage. After paying monthly premiums for years and years, they become disabled after suffering an injury or illness (such as cancer, broken bones, back injury, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis or depression) and are unable to work or perform their job. They make a claim for benefits and are denied because the insurance company claims they are not disabled, despite what a doctor states. They are left unable to work and without income. The insurance company can now be held liable for improperly withholding benefits.
Consequential and Punitive Damages
In addition to seeking unpaid disability benefits, an individual can also sue for consequential and punitive damages. Consequential damages are those that an insured individual incurs in addition to not receiving benefits. For example, as a “consequence” of not receiving benefits, a person will lose their home since they no longer can make mortgage payments. They no longer can pay bills, pay for prescriptions, pay child support and then may lose custody of their children.
Punitive damages are those that are court-ordered to punish the insurance company for their wrongdoing in order to create a disincentive for other insurance companies in the future from acting in a similar fashion.
« Return to the ERISA & Insurance Litigation Resource Center
- Do You Have Disability Insurance Coverage?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- Do You Qualify for Long Term Disability Benefits?
- Life Insurance Claim Denials
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »