Disability Lawyers for Veterans with PTSD
As a veteran suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or a traumatic brain injury, you may find yourself fighting two battles at the same time. The first is managing your health condition. The second is trying to convince the Veterans Administration that your health condition is service-related.
At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our veterans disability lawyers will fight one of those battles for you. We will handle your disability case with the Veterans Administration so you can concentrate on your health.
What Is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
PTSD is an anxiety disorder that can affect military personnel after they have experienced a traumatic event. The traumatic event could be anything from being the victim of a roadside bombing, to witnessing the death or injury of a fellow soldier, to a sexual assault.
Symptoms of PTSD may include:
- Avoidance of activities that remind you of the event
- Feelings of emotional numbness or hopelessness
- Drinking or drug use
Our veterans disabilty lawyers will help you document your PTSD symptoms so you can receive the proper treatment and VA benefits.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury can occur even when there is no outward sign that an injury has occurred. These injuries caused by sudden acceleration and deceleration of the brain inside the skull are sometimes called “closed head” injuries.
Symptoms may include:
Short-term memory loss
Inability to follow directions
Headaches or personality changes
Sometimes family members are the first to notice that a loved one is not the same after returning from service.
The Veterans Administration has a new rating system for TBI claims that may make it possible for you to receive more compensation for your injury. Our veterans lawyers will evaluate your case and help you document your symptoms so you can receive all of the VA compensation you deserve.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »