PTSD and Traumatic Brain Injury
Disability Lawyers for Veterans with PTSD
As a veteran suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or a traumatic brain injury, you may find yourself fighting two battles at the same time. The first is managing your health condition. The second is trying to convince the Veterans Administration that your health condition is service-related.
At the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, our veterans disability lawyers will fight one of those battles for you. We will handle your disability case with the Veterans Administration so you can concentrate on your health.
What Is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
PTSD is an anxiety disorder that can affect military personnel after they have experienced a traumatic event. The traumatic event could be anything from being the victim of a roadside bombing, to witnessing the death or injury of a fellow soldier, to a sexual assault.
Symptoms of PTSD may include:
- Avoidance of activities that remind you of the event
- Feelings of emotional numbness or hopelessness
- Drinking or drug use
Our veterans disabilty lawyers will help you document your PTSD symptoms so you can receive the proper treatment and VA benefits.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury can occur even when there is no outward sign that an injury has occurred. These injuries caused by sudden acceleration and deceleration of the brain inside the skull are sometimes called “closed head” injuries.
Symptoms may include:
Short-term memory loss
Inability to follow directions
Headaches or personality changes
Sometimes family members are the first to notice that a loved one is not the same after returning from service.
The Veterans Administration has a new rating system for TBI claims that may make it possible for you to receive more compensation for your injury. Our veterans lawyers will evaluate your case and help you document your symptoms so you can receive all of the VA compensation you deserve.
- Firefighting Foam Health Effects and VA Disability Benefits
- How to Increase VA Disability Rating from 80% to 100%
- VA Disability and Alcoholism
- VA Disability – What Qualifies as a Disability for VA Benefits
- Can I Receive VA Disability Benefits for Pain? A Second Look at Saunders v. Wilkie
- How Do I Calculate VA Disability Compensation & Benefits?
- How Many Options Are There to Appeal a Disability Claims Decision in RAMP?
- What Are the Current VA Disability Compensation Rates for 2019?
- Can You Receive VA Disability Benefits for Life?
- Are There Retroactive Awards for Veterans Disability Claims?
- Camp Lejeune Water Contamination & VA Disability Benefits
- Social Security Disability (SSDI) vs. VA Disability Compensation – Video
- Top 8 Disability Claim & Appeal Tips
- Obesity and VA Disability Compensation – Video
- VA Disability For Depression & Anxiety
Share this Post