Episode 7: Breaking Down the BVA Backlog
Understanding the inner workings of the Board of Veteran’s Appeals is no easy task, and the metrics VA reports makes the process even more difficult to grasp. Join the CCK team as we break down the appeals process before the BVA using our Backlog Transparency Tool. We will explain why appeals get delayed in both the Legacy and AMA systems, how long it takes for decisions to be issued, and whether veterans can expect wait times to decrease or increase. In addition, we will clarify VA’s data regarding the number of hearings held and decisions issued by comparing it to our own research.
- “Evaluation of the Disability Determination Process for Traumatic Brain Injury in Veterans” (2019)
- VA Appeals Reform Deadlines
- 10 Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Cases All Veterans Should Know: Part 1
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims has authority to certify class action, Federal Circuit rules
- VA Disability Claims and Appeals Process Timeline
- Once I Join, Can I Opt Out of the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
- I Received the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP) Letter, What Now?
- Who is Eligible for the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
- What is the Process in a Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) or Veterans Court Appeal?
- Will There Be a Notice of Disagreement Lane for RAMP Appeals to the Board?
- The New VA Appeals System, Explained
- Revisiting the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)
- VA Appeals Reform is HERE (February 19, 2019)
- VA Appeals Reform: RAMP in Review (Jan. 2019)
- VA Appeals Reform: Proposed Regulations
Share this Post