Skip to main content
For Immediate Help: 800-544-9144

Veteran (VA) Disability Lawyer Serving Gainesville, Georgia

Do you have a service-related medical condition? If so, you may qualify for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) disability compensation. If VA denies your initial claim, a VA disability lawyer serving Gainesville, Georgia from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD may be able to help you understand your options and challenge the denial.

Call (844) 549-4500 now to learn more about how we may be able to help you secure monthly benefits based on your medical and service records.

VA Regional Benefit Office Serving Gainesville, Georgia

The Atlanta Regional Office in Decatur is the only Regional Benefit Office in Georgia. While you can go to Decatur to seek assistance with your claim, , it is not necessary to travel to this office in most cases.  There are resources closer to home, including a clinic in Gainesville.

Gainesville, Georgia Benefit Office

The Gainesville Veterans Field Service Office located at 311 Green Street NW serves veterans and their families living in Dawson, Forsyth, Hall, and Lumpkin counties. They are open Monday through Friday for appointments or walk-ins. Call (770) 531-6060 to learn more.

This Veterans Field Service Office provides free services for military veterans and their families. These services include:

  • Identifying available programs and benefits , which may include VA disability compensation;
  • Explaining the criteria needed to prove eligibility for these benefits; and
  • Helping veterans file claims for VA disability compensation.

These services may also be available at the nearest Regional Benefit Office, VA Medical Centers, and select VA outpatient clinics.

VA Clinics Serving Gainesville, Georgia

The closest VA clinic to Gainesville is the Oakwood VA Clinic seven miles away in Flowery Branch. There are also community-based outpatient clinics in Lawrenceville, Athens, and Jasper. You can receive primary care and limited specialty care at these facilities.

If you do not have a diagnosis for your service-related medical condition, you must see a doctor at one of these clinics to be eligible for VA disability compensation. You can also visit a private practice or another medical care facility.

If you have a medical condition that requires emergency care or hospitalization, the local VA clinics near Gainesville may refer you to the Atlanta VA Medical Center. This facility is located at:

1670 Clairmont Road
Decatur, GA 30033

The Atlanta VA Medical Center has 466 inpatient beds, including a 21-bed inpatient treatment program. It serves veterans from more than 50 counties in Georgia. This state-of-the-art medical center collaborates with both Emory University School of Medicine and Morehouse School of Medicine for teaching and research.

It is important to have a diagnosis from a VA or private doctor.  VA does not give preference to disability claims based on where the veteran received their diagnosis and care.

Appealing a Benefits Denial in Gainesville, Georgia

If VA denies your initial claim for disability benefits, you have exactly one year from the date of the decision notice to take action. In general, you must prove three things to receive a grant of benefits:

  • An in-service event, injury, or illness;
  • A current diagnosis by a medical professional; and
  • A medical nexus, or link, between your in-service event, injury, or illness and your current diagnosis.

The Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD VA disability lawyers serving Gainesville, Georgia understand what is needed to meet the qualifications for disability compensation. We can review your case for free and explain what evidence is necessary to prove your claim. We may be able to help you navigate the appeals process and successfully challenge a denial of benefits. Call us now at (800) 544-9144 to learn more.

There are three ways to appeal a VA decision:

  • File a supplemental claim with new and relevant evidence;
  • Request a Higher-Level Review of your existing claim by a senior VA employee; or
  • Submit a Notice of Disagreement with the Board of Veterans’ Appeals. This option allows you to request a hearing.

The first two options take considerably less time than filing a Notice of Disagreement and are a good place to start. If you do not secure benefits after your first appeal attempt, you can try one of the other options.

In some cases, veterans have to take their case in front of the Board of Veterans’ Appeals in Washington, D.C. This process can take a year or more. We understand each of these options and may be able to help you choose which appeal avenue best fits your situation.

How Our Veterans’ Advocates Serving Gainesville, GA Can Help

If VA denied your claim for disability compensation, you have one year to challenge the decision.  Our team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can explain your options for filing an appeal and may be able to help you navigate the process.

Call (800) 544-9144 today for a free case review.