CCK Successfully Argues that Board Relies on Inadequate VA Examination to Deny Higher Ratings for Left Knee and Low Back Disability
Board Finds Evidence to Support Decision to Deny Higher Ratings for Left Knee and Low Back Disability
CCK successfully represented a veteran in an appeal to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims from a Board of Veterans’ Appeals decision that denied him higher ratings for his service-connected low back disability and left knee disability. The Board found that the evidence did not demonstrate the need for higher ratings and that VA provided the Veteran with adequate VA examinations.
Court Agrees with CCK that the VA Examination Lacked Critical Information Regarding Both Disabilities
On appeal, the Veteran argued that the Board erred in relying on the VA examinations because they did not contain the necessary information. The Court agreed with the Veteran’s attorneys. Specifically, the Court held that the examiner’s finding as to the left knee that the Veteran “flexes with difficulty 90 degrees” did not indicate where pain began in the range of motion. The Court similarly found that the examiner’s statement about the Veteran’s low back condition that he “flexes 40 degrees and stops with pain” also lacked the necessary information as to where pain started in the range of motion. Hence, the Court remanded the case back to the Board with instructions for it to seek clarification of the examination.
To read the Court’s decision, click here.
- CCK successfully argues for a precedential decision about protected work environment
- Board Erred in Relying on Inadequate Exam for Gout
- CCK Appealed Board Denial of Low Back Claim Based on Inadequate Consideration of Functional Loss
- Board Fails to Provide Adequate Evidence for Denial of Disability Service Connection
- BVA provided inadequate reasons as to how Veteran’s conditions were contemplated by IBS rating
- Are Veterans Disability Benefits Taxable?
- I Am a Disabled Veteran; Am I Eligible for Disability Benefits?
- How Can I Receive VA Disability Benefits After Burn Pit Exposure?
- How Many Options Are There to Appeal a Disability Claims Decision in RAMP?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- 7 Common Long-Term Disability Claim Mistakes
- 100% VA Disability and Working
- VA Disability Ratings for Sleep Disorders
- Social Security Disability (SSDI) vs. VA Disability Compensation – Video
- Applying for VA Disability Benefits
Share this Post