Board Fails to Provide Adequate Evidence for Denial of Disability Service Connection
Service Connection Board Decision
CCK successfully appealed to the Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims a Board decision that denied a veteran entitlement to service connection for a left foot disability. In its decision, the Board found that the May 2012 was the most probative evidence of record and weighs against the Veteran’s claim.
Court Agrees with CCK Appeal
CCK argued, and the Court agreed, that the Board erred when it relied on an inadequate May 2012 medical opinion which required a chronic condition to have developed in service to deny the Veteran’s claim. The Court found that the Board failed to provide an adequate statement of reasons or bases for its determination that VA satisfied its duty to assist. The medical opinion relied on did not provide an opinion as to whether the current disability is related to his document in service foot injuries, nor did the Board discuss the evidence of record concerning direct service connection. The Court vacated and remanded the decision.
To read the Court’s decision, click here.
- Board Erred in Denying Widow Service Connection for Veteran’s Cause of Death
- Board denial of TDIU relied on inadequate reasons or bases
- BVA overlooked impaired impulse control in denial of PTSD claim
- Court Remands Board Decision to Deny Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits
- Board Fails to Address Lay Evidence Regarding Severity of Condition in Decision to Deny Veteran Increased Rating for Lumbar Spine Disability
- How Will I Pay for My ERISA Disability Lawyer?
- Do I Qualify for Total Disability Based on Individual Unemployment?
- What Can I Do to Establish Service Connection for My Condition?
- I Am a Disabled Veteran; Am I Eligible for Disability Benefits?
- Do You Have Disability Insurance Coverage?
- Secondary Service Connection & Aggravation
- Why You Need a Long-Term Disability Attorney
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST): How to Get Service Connection – Video
- Applying for VA Disability Benefits
- 7 Common Long-Term Disability Claim Mistakes
- Lay Evidence Definition
- Presumption of Service Connection Definition
- Service-Connected Disability Definition
Share this Post