Board Fails to Provide Adequate Evidence for Denial of Disability Service Connection
Service Connection Board Decision
CCK successfully appealed to the Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims a Board decision that denied a veteran entitlement to service connection for a left foot disability. In its decision, the Board found that the May 2012 was the most probative evidence of record and weighs against the Veteran’s claim.
Court Agrees with CCK Appeal
CCK argued, and the Court agreed, that the Board erred when it relied on an inadequate May 2012 medical opinion which required a chronic condition to have developed in service to deny the Veteran’s claim. The Court found that the Board failed to provide an adequate statement of reasons or bases for its determination that VA satisfied its duty to assist. The medical opinion relied on did not provide an opinion as to whether the current disability is related to his document in service foot injuries, nor did the Board discuss the evidence of record concerning direct service connection. The Court vacated and remanded the decision.
To read the Court’s decision, click here.
- CCK Successfully Argues on Behalf of Appellant Seeking Service Connection for Late Veteran’s Ischemic Heart Disease
- Diabetes denial contained legal error by the Board
- Board errs in denial of service connection for cause of death
- TDIU Denial Contained Legal Error by the Board
- Denial of initial disability rating in excess of 70 percent for PTSD was erroneous
- I Received an Unfavorable Board Decision; What Should I Do?
- Getting Veterans (VA) Disability for Toxic Water at Camp Lejeune
- Who Is Eligible for VA Service-Connected Disability Compensation?
- How Do I Increase My VA Disability Rating?
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- 100% VA Disability and Working
- Why You Need a Long-Term Disability Attorney
- Social Security Disability (SSDI) vs. VA Disability Compensation – Video
- CCK LIVE UNDER 5:00 : 100% Disability vs. TDIU
- Military Sexual Trauma (MST): How to Get Service Connection – Video
- Service-Connected Disability Definition
- Presumption of Service Connection Definition
- Lay Evidence Definition
Share this Post