Board Fails to Provide Adequate Evidence for Denial of Disability Service Connection
Service Connection Board Decision
CCK successfully appealed to the Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims a Board decision that denied a veteran entitlement to service connection for a left foot disability. In its decision, the Board found that the May 2012 was the most probative evidence of record and weighs against the Veteran’s claim.
Court Agrees with CCK Appeal
CCK argued, and the Court agreed, that the Board erred when it relied on an inadequate May 2012 medical opinion which required a chronic condition to have developed in service to deny the Veteran’s claim. The Court found that the Board failed to provide an adequate statement of reasons or bases for its determination that VA satisfied its duty to assist. The medical opinion relied on did not provide an opinion as to whether the current disability is related to his document in service foot injuries, nor did the Board discuss the evidence of record concerning direct service connection. The Court vacated and remanded the decision.
To read the Court’s decision, click here.
- Diabetes denial contained legal error by the Board
- Board Fails to Discuss the Issue of Aggravation in Denying Service Connection for Lung Disorder
- TDIU Denial Contained Legal Error by the Board
- Board Erred in Denying Service Connection for Veteran’s Psychiatric Condition and Seizure Disorder
- Board Failed to Explain Treatment of Conflicting Evidence in PTSD Denial
- How Will I Pay for My ERISA Disability Lawyer?
- Getting Veterans (VA) Disability for Toxic Water at Camp Lejeune
- How Exactly Does RAMP Work for Veterans’ Disability Appeals?
- How Do You Learn More About Your Disability Insurance Coverage?
- Why do insurers deny long-term disability claims?
- The Board of Veterans’ Appeals Explained
- VA Disability Ratings for Heart and Cardiovascular Conditions
- The Elements of Service Connection
- How To Get A 100% VA Disability Rating
- Effective Communication & Long-Term Disability Claims
- Presumption of Service Connection Definition
- Lay Evidence Definition
- Service-Connected Disability Definition
Share this Post