Board Fails to Provide Adequate Evidence for Denial of Disability Service Connection
Service Connection Board Decision
CCK successfully appealed to the Court of Appeals for Veteran’s Claims a Board decision that denied a veteran entitlement to service connection for a left foot disability. In its decision, the Board found that the May 2012 was the most probative evidence of record and weighs against the Veteran’s claim.
Court Agrees with CCK Appeal
CCK argued, and the Court agreed, that the Board erred when it relied on an inadequate May 2012 medical opinion which required a chronic condition to have developed in service to deny the Veteran’s claim. The Court found that the Board failed to provide an adequate statement of reasons or bases for its determination that VA satisfied its duty to assist. The medical opinion relied on did not provide an opinion as to whether the current disability is related to his document in service foot injuries, nor did the Board discuss the evidence of record concerning direct service connection. The Court vacated and remanded the decision.
To read the Court’s decision, click here.
- Board Erred in Denying Service Connection for Orthopedic Conditions as Secondary to PTSD
- Board Failed to Explain Treatment of Conflicting Evidence in PTSD Denial
- Thrombosis denial contained legal error by the BVA
- CCK Successfully Argues Against Board Denial of Increased Rating for IVDS
- CCK Successfully Argues that Board Relies on Inadequate VA Examination to Deny Higher Ratings for Left Knee and Low Back Disability
- Do You Need to Be Concerned About Disability Claim Deadlines?
- I Am a Disabled Veteran; Am I Eligible for Disability Benefits?
- Why do insurers deny long-term disability claims?
- How Will I Pay for My ERISA Disability Lawyer?
- How Do You Learn More About Your Disability Insurance Coverage?
- VA Disability Rating Reevaluations
- Obesity and VA Disability Compensation – Video
- Effective Communication & Long-Term Disability Claims
- VA Disability Benefits for Anxiety
- Video: Types of 100% VA Disability Ratings
- Lay Evidence Definition
- Presumption of Service Connection Definition
- Service-Connected Disability Definition
Share this Post