Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD awards an annual $1,500 scholarship to a deserving veteran enrolled in or accepted to a U.S. law school. Veterans of all branches of the U.S. military are eligible to apply (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard).
The deadline to apply for the 2019 Law School Scholarship for Veterans is December 15, 2018.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
This scholarship is open to veterans enrolled in an accredited U.S. law school or who are accepted to an accredited U.S. law school. Applicants must be pursuing a juris doctorate (JD) degree.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Completed application. Complete the form on this page.
- Proof of veteran status. If submitting a document that contains sensitive information like a Social Security number, please submit a redacted version. The following serve as proof of veteran status:
- VA disability benefits summary letter
- Military discharge certificate
- Current transcript
- If currently enrolled in law school, submit law school transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- If not currently enrolled in law school, submit undergraduate transcript demonstrating a GPA of 3.0 or higher AND a copy of law school acceptance letter proving intent to enroll.
- 1000 word essay. Please answer one of these essay prompts:
- How did your experience in the military inspire you in your education and career aspirations?
- How did your military experience prepare you for law school and a career practicing law?
Applications must comply with all instructions on this page and must agree to the Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO APPLY?
The deadline to submit applications for the 2019 Law School Scholarship for Veterans is December 15, 2018.
The scholarship committee will review complete applications. We will notify the winner via e-mail or phone in early spring 2019.
*This page contains the complete information available for the 2019 Law School Scholarship for Veterans from Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. By applying, you agree that you have read the Terms & Conditions and all instructions thoroughly, and that you agree to everything therein. Only one application per student will be accepted. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. In the interest of a fair and impartial selection, we will not be able to accept any individual contact or answer any questions about the scholarship or the application process. All decisions are final.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »