How and When to Appeal Your VA Claim Decision
- Why appeal a VA claim?
- VA deadline to file an appeal
- Why your effective date matters
- When is the best time to appeal a VA decision?
- VA’s Legacy Appeals system vs. VA’s Appeals Modernization Act (AMA) system
- Can you have an appeal in both systems at the same time?
- AMA Option: Higher-Level Review Lane
- AMA Option: Supplemental Claim Lane
- AMA Option: The Board of Veterans’ Appeals (The Board, or BVA)
- Board Dockets (3 options): Direct Review Docket, Evidence Docket, Hearing Docket
- What if you choose the wrong Appeal Lane?
- Which appeal lane/docket options will be the fastest?
- How to appeal again if your appeal is denied
- Appealing a U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) Decision
- Tips and tricks for veterans in the process of filing an appeal
- Viewer Question: How to file an appeal directly with the Board in the new VA appeals system
- The Board erred when it denied the Veteran an increased rating for carpal tunnel syndrome and headaches.
- Appeals Reform Notice of Disagreement vs. Legacy Appeals System Notice of Disagreement
- The Board erred when it denied service connection for an acquired psychiatric disability
- CCK Successfully Argues that Board Relies on Inadequate VA Examination to Deny Higher Ratings for Left Knee and Low Back Disability
- What Is a Board Remand?
- I Received an Unfavorable Board Decision; What Should I Do?
- What is the Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA)?
- As a Veteran, How Much Will My Appeal of a Board Denial to the Court Cost?
- Can Anyone Opt Into the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
- Why Did the VA Create the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
Share this Post