If you received an unfavorable Board decision on your original appeal, you should give us a call. While you have a few options at this stage we recommend that you file an appeal with the CAVC.
You must file the appeal with the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims (CAVC) within 120 days of the mailing date of the Board’s decision. If you choose this option, we will first file a Notice of Appeal (NOA) with the Clerk of the Court of the CAVC.
Once we have filed your notice, you will receive a letter confirming that your appeal has been transferred to the CAVC. If you want to check the status of your claim, you may call 800-827-1000 or go to eBenefits.
If the CAVC denies your appeal, we can file another appeal until we get you the result you deserve.
Why do I need a lawyer for my appeal?
Once a case is filed in Court, the process becomes adversarial and the VA has attorneys to represent their side before the CAVC. The appeals process of a VA disability claim includes several stringent appeal filing deadlines. Unfortunately it is easy for a deadline to pass or to make a mistake that can jeopardize your entire case.
The veterans’ advocates at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help you file your appeal and give you a strong chance to recover the disability benefits to which you are entitled. We have represented thousands of veterans in the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims to secure the benefits the VA denied.
Call Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD today.
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, we are dedicated to providing quality legal services to disabled veterans who have made countless sacrifices to protect the United States. If the BVA has ruled unfavorably on your claim, contact us immediately at 401-331-1400.« Return to the Veterans' Resource Center
- What is a Supplemental Statement of the Case (SSOC)?
- What is a Notice of Disagreement (NOD)?
- What is the Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA)?
- Why Did the VA Create the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »