Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a 230+ person public-interest law firm with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits.
CCK views IT as an asset, and a means to deliver a superior employee and client experience. CCK is seeking an IT Technician to join its growing IT Department, which is led by an experienced IT Director. This individual will have an important role in implementing CCK’s IT systems. The starting salary is $75,000 – $90,000 based on experience and expertise. Opportunity for advancement for individuals who demonstrate technical expertise, initiative, work ethic and a forward-thinking solution-oriented attitude, and who develop in the role.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
IT Technician Responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with CCK’s team of IT professionals and vendors to efficiently support the IT needs of 230+ users. This includes onboarding new users and desktop support.
- Problem solving by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and putting them into practice.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- All tasks required to ensure that the firm’s 230+ users have a secure, efficient, and reliable IT infrastructure for carrying out the firm’s business.
- Ability to be available occasionally after hours, to address time sensitive projects, perform systems maintenance, or respond to IT emergencies.
- Anticipating, planning, and maintaining the technological needs of the firm, remaining up to date on hardware & software developments and advances.
- Must be equipped with the skills necessary to satisfy the responsibilities stated above.
- 5+ years systems administration & technical support experience in an office environment.
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems, Active Directory, and Microsoft 365.
- Strong knowledge of laptops & desktops, servers, printers, terminal servers, and faxing.
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels of personnel at the firm.
- Ability to work independently and identify when additional help or expertise is needed.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively & efficiently.
- Understanding of the basic concepts of Microsoft Azure & cloud solutions a plus.
- Understanding of networking concepts & devices, as well as VoIP telephony a plus.
- CompTIA/A+, operating systems, cloud services, or other related certifications a plus.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field or related studies.
- Prior experience working with technology in a law firm setting.
- Needles/Case Management platform knowledge.
- Occasional need to position oneself to reach small spaces, cabling, equipment.
- Occasional transport of various computer equipment & supplies (up to 50lbs).
- Able to remain in a stationary position on regular occasions.
- Extensive computer work and frequent use of telephone and email to communicate.
- Starting salary $75,000 – $90,000 based on experience and expertise
- Opportunities for growth