Chisholm, Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a full-time, entry-level appellate litigation attorney for our esteemed Veterans Law practice. In this role, you will be responsible for representing veterans of the U.S. Armed Services in appeals for VA disability benefits before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Joining CCK’s Veterans Law practice group offers the unique opportunity to contribute meaningfully to the lives of disabled veterans and their families on a daily basis. As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients. If you are passionate about making a positive impact and are ready to take on the challenges of appellate litigation, we invite you to apply and be a crucial part of our dedicated team at CCK.
- Case record analysis, brief writing; and
- Electronic filing of necessary documents and appeals.
A successful candidate can collaborate and thrive in a team environment while exhibiting a passion for the work. Qualities for long-term success and advancement include initiative, dedication, strong work ethic, excellent time management skills, accountability, and a focus on consistent and continued improvement of self and the team. Cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript, and writing sample required. Licensed attorneys or those having recently passed any state bar exam are preferred.
- Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Admission to at least one State Bar or pending licensure.
- Applicants scheduled to sit for the next administration of the bar examination will also be considered.
- Prior experience is not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The starting salary is $80,000 annually for licensed attorneys with advancement based on performance.
- CCK offers options for medical, dental, and vision insurance (including options for employer-paid medical insurance for the employee) and other wellness benefits
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Flexible PTO plus 12 paid company holidays in 2024
- 401k matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- This position requires 1 month of training in the Providence, RI Office. After training is complete, there will be an option to work remotely if you demonstrate the ability to meet performance expectations. Remote work requires the employee to provide a quiet space to work at home with access to secure, reliable internet and a router.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- Writing Sample
***ONLY APPLICANTS THAT INCLUDE ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL BE CONSIDERED***