Client Advocate (Full Time, Houston Office)
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits. As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients. CCK is seeking an eager Client Advocate to join our growing team!
The Client Advocate will serve as the primary point of contact for our disabled veteran clients and their families in the Veterans Practice Group. The client Advocate will handle phone correspondence, draft forms, and communicate with clients via email and regular mail. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that forms and case work are completed timely, case notes are accurately updated in CCK’s case management system, and that all client questions and concerns are addressed in a timely fashion in accordance with CCK’s policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Handle assigned caseload as the main point of contact for clients
- Draft written correspondence to clients and VA
- Handle client correspondence (phone and email) relevant to Agency cases
- Ensure that client conversations are accurately documented in the file
- Update CCK’s case management program files with all pertinent correspondence and information
- Attend training sessions as directed by supervisor
- Draft basic forms
- Assist with the training of new Client Advocates as needed
- Escalate any client questions the Client Advocate is unable to answer in order to follow up with the correct response to the client
- Adhere to policies and procedures outlined in the Agency Manual
- Prioritize tasks based on importance and as directed
Education & Experience:
- High School degree required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred
- 2+ years of customer service and/or high- volume phone experience required
- Prior experience communicating sensitive or confidential information
- Fluency in English; Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional telephone etiquette
- Capability to make sound judgments and decisions
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Proficiency with standard office equipment and software
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST with a 30-minute lunch period.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Budgeted starting annual salary is $42,500
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a gym reimbursement program; and much more.
- This role will be required to report to the Houston Office daily and adhere to our remote work policy.
- 1-month of paid training and routine refresher trainings will be provided.
- Please include resume and cover letter to be considered.
- Later stages of interview process include an assessment, internet speed test, and reference check.
CCK provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are passionate about assisting our Veterans Practice Group and providing high-quality service to our clients, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.