Downtown Providence, Rhode Island litigation law firm seeking a full time entry level paralegal to join its civil litigation practice. Join a growing, dynamic, team-oriented group of attorneys, paralegals and support staff. This position focuses primarily on representing individuals during their application, appeals and litigation of life, health, short-term disability and long-term disability insurance benefits under private insurance contracts and employer group plans, regulated under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), as well as, personal injury, business, employment and contract disputes.
Paralegal duties include:
- Daily written and verbal communication with clients, doctor’s offices, and insurance companies;
- Obtaining all documentation necessary to support a client’s claim for benefits;
- Assisting attorneys on case development and research;
- Reviewing and assessing client case files;
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Assisting attorneys with administrative tasks;
- Drafting letters and documents;
- Proof reading and reviewing important procedural documents before they are mailed out.
Applicants should preferably have an undergraduate degree with strong academic history, strong work ethic, motivation and desire to work in a team environment. Some familiarity with the medical or legal field would be a plus.
Candidates must have great attention to detail, be outgoing and eager to learn, have the ability to multi-task, have strong written and verbal communication skills, work well independently and with a team, maintain deadlines, take direction. Candidates must also have strong computer skills with a working knowledge of MS Office applications.