CCK is seeking full-time, entry level appellate litigation attorneys for employment in the firm’s Veterans Law practice. This position involves representing U.S. Armed Service Veterans in appeals of claims denials before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- case record analysis, brief writing, and oral argument and required preparation;
- electronic filing of necessary documents and appeals; and
- occasional travel to Washington, D.C. required.
A successful candidate is able to collaborate and thrive in a team environment. Qualities for long-term success and advancement include ability, work ethic, initiative, and focus on consistent and continued improvement of self and the team. Cover letter, resume and writing samples required. Only licensed attorneys or those having recently passed any state bar exam apply please.
- Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or equivalent.
- Admission to at least one State Bar, or pending Bar Results.
- Prior experience is not required.
- Starting salary is $70,000 annually, with advancement based on performance.
- Access to an assortment of health, disability, and life insurance benefits; 401k plan; paid time off; and a wellness reimbursement program.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample