VA Database: Access Denied
- History of VA file storage and sharing
- VA’s efforts to digitize veterans’ files
- What is VBMS?
- What has been digitized and what has not?
- Why is it important for veterans’ representatives to have access to their clients’ VBMS files?
- Steps to getting access to VA’s database
- Who gets access to VBMS?
- What is VACOLS?
- Does the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) have access to VBMS and VACOLS?
- What is Caseflow and what can you learn from it?
- What is e-folder express and why does it speed up the appeals process veterans’ representatives?
- Why is it important to have database access with the implementation of the Appeals Modernization Act (a.k.a. Appeals Reform, AMA, the “new appeals system”)?
- Keeping up with appeal deadlines & VBMS access
- CCK’s Case on VBMS Access (Chisholm v. Wilkie) at the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC)
- Paralegal access and years of delay in the VA accreditation process
- VA Seeks Contractor Support in Developing IT Software for Appeals Reform
- Veterans (VA) Appeals Reform: Higher-Level Review
- 10 Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Cases All Veterans Should Know: Part 1
- Appeals Reform: An Adjudicator’s Role in Processing Appeals Under the New System
- The Backlog of VA Claims and Appeals 2018 Update
- What Can I Do to Make the VA Process Go Faster?
- Will There Be a Notice of Disagreement Lane for RAMP Appeals to the Board?
- Is RAMP a Part of the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act of 2017?
- As a Veteran, How Much Will My Appeal of a Board Denial to the Court Cost?
- Once I Opt In to RAMP Can I Ever Return to the Legacy Appeals Process?
- The New VA Appeals System, Explained
- 10 CAVC Cases Every Veteran Should Know – Part 2
- Board of Veterans’ Appeals Issues 100k Decisions in FY 2020
- The Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC)
- The Board of Veterans’ Appeals Explained
- Episode 9: Court Rules VA Must Pay Retroactive Benefits to Blue Water Navy Veterans
- Episode 1: VA Errors in the Appeals Modernization Act (AMA)
- Episode 25: Appeals Modernization Act (AMA) Data and Results for Veterans
- Episode 5: Board of Veterans’ Appeals Issues 100k Decisions in FY20
- Episode 5: VA – Access Denied
Share this Post