VA Database: Access Denied
- History of VA file storage and sharing
- VA’s efforts to digitize veterans’ files
- What is VBMS?
- What has been digitized and what has not?
- Why is it important for veterans’ representatives to have access to their clients’ VBMS files?
- Steps to getting access to VA’s database
- Who gets access to VBMS?
- What is VACOLS?
- Does the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC) have access to VBMS and VACOLS?
- What is Caseflow and what can you learn from it?
- What is e-folder express and why does it speed up the appeals process veterans’ representatives?
- Why is it important to have database access with the implementation of the Appeals Modernization Act (a.k.a. Appeals Reform, AMA, the “new appeals system”)?
- Keeping up with appeal deadlines & VBMS access
- CCK’s Case on VBMS Access (Chisholm v. Wilkie) at the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC)
- Paralegal access and years of delay in the VA accreditation process
- Meet the 3 Recently Confirmed CAVC Judges
- Federal Circuit Court Rules Veterans Can Get Disability Benefits for Pain
- Appeals to the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
- Can You Have VA Disability Appeals in Both the Legacy and Appeals Reform Systems?
- VA Disability Benefits Appeals Reform: the New Claim Stream
- Can Anyone Opt Into the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
- Why Did the VA Create the Rapid Appeals Modernization Program (RAMP)?
- Once I Opt In to RAMP Can I Ever Return to the Legacy Appeals Process?
- Does RAMP Change the Process for Filing an Initial Disability Claim With VA?
- Should I Wait to File an Appeal Until VA Appeals Reform Takes Effect?
- The Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC)
- The Board of Veterans’ Appeals Explained
- VA Claims & Appeals Timeline
- VA Appeals Reform: RAMP in Review (Jan. 2019)
- The New VA Appeals System, Explained
Share this Post