Episode 2: Agent Orange and Guam
On this episode of the Veterans Legal Lowdown, pod host Robert Chisholm and guest Nicholas Briggs discuss the use of Agent Orange and other herbicides on the island of Guam. They start with an overview of what Agent Orange is and where the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense acknowledge the use of these herbicides. Robert and Nick move on to discuss what this means in terms of VA benefits for veterans who were exposed to herbicides during service, for example, in Thailand or in Vietnam.
What about Guam? Guam has served as a base for US military operations in the Pacific going back to WWII. The Yale Law School in conjunction with NVLSP recently released a report on use of Agent Orange and other herbicides on Guam. Were service members exposed to herbicides on Guam? Are these veterans eligible for VA benefits? Has VA ever granted disability benefits to veterans who served on Guam? Robert and Nick break down the findings of the report, VA’s response to the report, and what it means for veterans who served on Guam and later developed health conditions associated with herbicide exposure. Tune in to hear the latest news on Agent Orange in Guam from Robert Chisholm and Nick Briggs.
- Bladder Cancer & Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy due to Agent Orange Exposure Denial Contained Error
- List of Benefits for All Disabled Veterans: What Do You Qualify For?
- VA Disability Benefits for Foot Conditions
- VA Disability Benefits for Panic Disorder
- VA Benefits for Elderly Veterans
- How to Prove Agent Orange Exposure?
- Are Vietnam Veterans the Only Veterans Exposed to Agent Orange?
- I Served in Vietnam, Am I Presumed to Have Been Exposed to Agent Orange?
- What Does Agent Orange Do to the Body?
- Can a Father’s Agent Orange Exposure Cause Birth Defects?
- VA Benefits for Dependents
- The Truth About Agent Orange in Thailand During the Vietnam War
- Agent Orange Claims
- Veterans Benefits Amid COVID-19
- VA Disability Benefits for Anxiety
- Episode 30: 7 Things Every Veteran Should Know About Agent Orange
- Episode 9: Court Rules VA Must Pay Retroactive Benefits to Blue Water Navy Veterans
- Episode 22: VA Benefits for Spouses of Disabled Veterans
- Episode 52: Agent Orange Condition Changes
- Episode 42: Benefits All Disabled Veterans Qualify For
Share this Post