Episode 2: Agent Orange and Guam
On this episode of the Veterans Legal Lowdown, pod host Robert Chisholm and guest Nicholas Briggs discuss the use of Agent Orange and other herbicides on the island of Guam. They start with an overview of what Agent Orange is and where the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense acknowledge the use of these herbicides. Robert and Nick move on to discuss what this means in terms of VA benefits for veterans who were exposed to herbicides during service, for example, in Thailand or in Vietnam.
What about Guam? Guam has served as a base for US military operations in the Pacific going back to WWII. The Yale Law School in conjunction with NVLSP recently released a report on use of Agent Orange and other herbicides on Guam. Were service members exposed to herbicides on Guam? Are these veterans eligible for VA benefits? Has VA ever granted disability benefits to veterans who served on Guam? Robert and Nick break down the findings of the report, VA’s response to the report, and what it means for veterans who served on Guam and later developed health conditions associated with herbicide exposure. Tune in to hear the latest news on Agent Orange in Guam from Robert Chisholm and Nick Briggs.
- Was I Exposed to Agent Orange While Working on C-123 Aircraft?
- List of Blue Water Navy Ships Exposed to Agent Orange
- Was Agent Orange Used on Okinawa?
- VA Releases November 2018 Report on its Comprehensive Plan for Appeals Reform
- VA Disability Benefits for Allergic Rhinitis
- How Can I Receive VA Disability Benefits After Burn Pit Exposure?
- What Does Agent Orange Do to the Body?
- I Served in Vietnam, Am I Presumed to Have Been Exposed to Agent Orange?
- Are Vietnam Veterans the Only Veterans Exposed to Agent Orange?
- When Was Agent Orange Used?
- VA Disability Benefits for Depression
- VA Disability Benefits for Anxiety
- 7 Things Every Veteran Should Know About Agent Orange – Video
- Blue Water Navy Benefits to be Delayed July 2019 Update
- Agent Orange with Dr. Cassano, Military Medicine and Exposures Expert
Share this Post