Trusts and Estates Paralegal
Great opportunity for a trusts and estates paralegal in an expanding practice area at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD. This Rhode Island based law firm with New England and National practice areas is expanding their bequest management team! CCK seeks a Paralegal with trusts and estates and/or estate settlement experience for bequest management practice. Potential for position to grow, to include training and supervising others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate daily with estate and trust fiduciaries, legal counsel and clients.
- Receive and review a wide range of documents related to trust and estate administration, including probate and tax filings.
- Analyze and interpret estate planning documents.
- Maintain substantial, independent caseload.
- Collaborate with and assist bequest attorney and bequest administrator.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Minimum of 2 years of trusts and estates paralegal experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university required.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain independent case load and perform responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Possess an in depth understanding of estate planning/estate administration documents, and terminology and processes.
- Ability to understand and interpret gift planning instruments including wills, trusts, beneficiary designations and amendments thereto and quickly identify potential issues relating to the same.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate, both orally and in writing, with coworkers, clients, personal representatives and attorneys.
- Ability to accurately prepare and edit correspondence using Microsoft Office Suite products, and demonstrated knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word.
- Ability to coordinate and perform a full range of operational and administrative support tasks.
- Ability to work in team environment, remain open minded to constructive feedback while working with enthusiasm and initiative to improve the work process.
- Salary Range: $55,000 – $75,000 or commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits offered.