Veterans Benefits Paralegal
CCK is seeking Paralegals to join our growing team in our office in Providence, RI. Your mission would be to provide support to Attorneys, Accredited Representatives, and Senior Paralegal staff within the court team. The essential duties of this position will be reviewing records, telephonic client communication, and completing additional administrative tasks.
- Review potential client, and client records to identify relevant facts for cases
- Communicate by telephone with potential clients and clients about case related matters
- Assist with necessary administrative tasks to ensure efficient team performance
- Participate in team meetings and trainings that cover new developments in VA law
- And most importantly, help veterans obtain the VA benefits they deserve
A successful candidate will have great attention to detail, excellent telephone communication skills, an eagerness to learn, the ability to multi-task, the ability to effectively collaborate with a team, have empathy, the skills to work well independently, and the ability to take direction well.
- Associates degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1-year experience in a professional work environment preferred
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel is preferred
- This position requires 1-month of training in the Providence, RI Office. After training is complete, there will be an option to work remotely if you demonstrate the ability to meet performance expectations. Remote work requires the employee to provide a quiet space to work at home with access to reliable internet and a router.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a 30-minute lunch period.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $42,500
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a wellness reward program; and much more.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial Transcript
- List of References upon request