Senior Legal Office Assistant
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a private, public-interest law firm offering rewarding work with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits.
The Senior Legal Office Assistant is an in-office position with responsibility for the physical office space and office related services, to support departments of the firm. This newly created role requires the ability to collaborate and take pride in the operation, effectiveness, and appearance of the firm’s office.
A successful candidate will be organized, responsible, have excellent attention to detail, excellent communications skills, and have demonstrated ability to take initiative. The responsibilities will be varied, examples include, but are not limited to greeting guests, receiving deliveries, managing office equipment and furniture, working with property management, scheduling and coordinating meetings, data entry, administrative work, regularly communicate with firm leadership, and office errands. This role requires a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
As a team, we are committed to equity and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review all outbound mail to ensure information accuracy and submission to correct locations.
- Open all new case files and submit initial representation documents to the Evidence Intake Center and US Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
- Overall assumption of responsibility for the professional appearance and functioning of the firm’s office space.
- Mentor the Office Assistant and ensure the reception area is managed to promote a professional and welcoming environment for both internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with third-party Property Management to ensure that the firm is receiving the services it contracted, and that the Firm’s space within building overall is being maintained as required.
- Ensure in-office new hire workstations are set up for first day of employment.
- Maintain office supply inventories and purchases office supplies as needed in accordance with Firm purchasing policies and procedures; ensure adequate supplies are stocked throughout the office at all times.
- Ensure office copiers, scanners, facsimile machines, etc. have adequate paper and toner supplies at all times.
- Provides messenger services, such as lunch order pickups, delivery of mail and packages, etc. as needed.
- Perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system; and
- Provide remote assistance for the Providence based administrative team and HR team as needed.
- Communicate regularly with firm leadership regarding office needs and concerns as well as any staffing issues.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate’s/College degree; BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is a plus.
- 1-2 years of administrative, clerical, and office experience preferred.
- Keen attention to detail required.
- Capability to make sound judgements and decisions.
- Experience in customer service preferred.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Highly proficient in technology such as working knowledge with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, preferred.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Fluency in English; Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Problem solving and basic troubleshooting skills.
- This is a full-time position. The schedule is generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Budgeted starting salary is $39,520 on an annualized basis. This is an hourly position.
- Excellent benefit programs, including health, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan, paid time off, and more!
- Business casual attire
- Parking included.
- Quiet office
- Internal training provided.
To apply, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Be prepared to submit references.