IT Help Desk Technician
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a 230+ person public-interest law firm with a focus on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and disability benefits.
CCK views IT as an asset, and a means to deliver a superior employee and client experience. CCK is seeking an IT Help Desk Technician to join its growing IT Department, which is led by an experienced IT Director. The IT Help Desk Technician will work under the IT Director to manage and administer IT Infrastructure and provide technical assistance to a rapidly growing firm.
The starting salary is $65,000-70,000 based on experience and expertise. Opportunity for advancement for individuals who demonstrate technical expertise, initiative, work ethic and a forward-thinking solution-oriented attitude, and who develop in the role.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
IT Help Desk Technician Responsibilities
- First level email & phone technical support response; answering and responding to user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operations in a timely manner and being able to do so in person or remotely.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot core Windows 10 & Lenovo laptop equipment issues, basic network & wireless connectivity problems, printing issues.
- Organize and maintain the IT helpdesk ticketing system, as well as the internal IT knowledge base & documentation repository.
- Capable of working within Active Directory & Office 365 cloud environments, for general account management, password & permissions troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience with the general use of at least several of the following technologies: Microsoft Windows 10, Adobe Acrobat & PDF generation, multi-factor authentication, VoIP telephony, all major Internet browsers, VPN connectivity, remote machine & software management (i.e., TeamViewer or Splashtop).
- Ability to be available occasionally after hours, in an on-call scenario, to address time sensitive end-user critical needs or emergencies.
- Essential video conferencing technologies, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx. In-room A/V technologies such as web camera and wireless display adapters.
- Share knowledge & cross-train other members of the IT staff while also learning from others.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant IT experience.
- Must be equipped with the skills necessary to satisfy the responsibilities stated above.
- Windows 10 knowledge, as well as basic Active Directory & Microsoft 365 use.
- Knowledge of laptops & desktops, servers, printers, terminal servers, and faxing.
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels of personnel at the firm.
- Ability to work independently and identify when additional help or expertise is needed.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively & efficiently.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology field or related studies.
- CompTIA/A+, operating systems, or other related certification(s) a plus.
- Prior experience working with technology in a law firm setting.
- Needles/Case Management platform knowledge a plus!
- Able to remain in a stationary position on regular occasions.
- Extensive computer work and frequent use of telephone and email to communicate.
- Will be an on-premise role, with the ability to occasionally work-from-home on a situational basis only.