Estate Planning/Probate Attorney
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD (“CCK”) is seeking an Estate Planning/Probate Attorney to join our growing Bequest Management team in Providence, RI.
CCK is a private, public-interest law firm focused on protecting the rights and advancing the interests of our clients which include individuals denied benefits to which they are entitled, and non-profits whose missions are supported by their donors’ bequests. This position offers rewarding work focused on the firm’s growing national practice in Bequest Management for Non-Profits and Charities. This practice area serves the non-profit community ensuring that donors’ estate planning gifts are honored accurately, efficiently, and compassionately.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
We offer a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, team-oriented practice, focused on quality, service, and supporting our clients’ missions.
To be successful, you need to have:
- A minimum of one full year of trusts and estates and/or probate practice is a requirement for consideration; 3+ years of experience in settling estates and probate experience desired.
- Full familiarity with all estate planning instruments, potential legal challenges, and impact on Charitable Beneficiaries.
- Initiative, dedication, strong work ethic, excellent time management skills, accountability, and a focus on consistent and continued improvement of self and team.
- Communicate daily with estate and trust fiduciaries, legal counsel, and clients.
- Receive and review a wide range of documents related to trust and estate administration, including probate and tax filings.
- Analyze and interpret estate planning documents.
- Maintain substantial, independent case load.
- Applicants must have a Juris Doctor (J.D.) or equivalent.
- Admission to at least one State Bar. *
Compensation & Benefits:
- Starting annual salary is $85,000 to $115,000, commensurate with candidate experience.
- Comprehensive benefit plans including health, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; paid time off; a gym reimbursement program; and much more.
- Due to the unforeseen circumstances with COVID-19, this position is temporarily training and working remotely. Therefore, access to internet connection with a router/modem, and a quiet workspace is required. When CCK deems it appropriate, this position will be required to report daily to the CCK Headquarters in Providence, RI.
- This is a presumably full-time position, Monday through Friday.
- Part time opportunity may be considered based on candidate and the firm’s business needs.
Cover letter, resume and writing samples required.
*Only licensed attorneys or those having recently passed any state bar exam apply, please.