CCK Named one of U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Law Firms” for 2020
In November 2019, Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD (CCK) was named as one of U.S. News and World Report’s “Best Law Firms.” Specifically, CCK was ranked as a Tier 2 best law firm for Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Litigation.
About the Award
For the 10th consecutive year, U.S. News and World Report and Best Lawyers worked collaboratively to announce the “Best Law Firms” rankings. Firms included in the 2020 Edition of U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” are recognized for professional excellence with consistently impressive ratings from both clients and professional peers. To be eligible for a ranking, a firm must first have a lawyer recognized in The Best Lawyers in America, which recognizes the top 5 percent of private practicing lawyers in the United States. Achieving a tiered ranking signals a unique combination of quality law practice and extensive legal expertise. Furthermore, it means that a law firm has earned the highest level of respect from clients and other leading lawyers in the country.
The 2020 rankings were based on 107,000 evaluations from more than 12,000 clients, as well as more than one million law firm assessments from more than 16,000 lawyers. Nearly 15,000 law firms were reviewed to arrive at the 2,106 firms who received a national law firm ranking. Client-surveys in particular involve thoughts about individuals’ experiences with the firm’s responsiveness, cost-effectiveness, expertise, understanding of a business, and whether they would refer someone to the firm.
About CCK’s ERISA Practice
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) is a federal statute that typically pre-empts state laws designed to protect consumers and can create significant hurdles for claimants seeking benefits to which they are entitled. As ERISA attorneys, CCK approaches civil litigation as the opportunity to enforce a right or seek a remedy. Specifically, CCK fights to restore pride and independence to clients whose lives have been impacted by the wrongful denial of disability insurance claims. CCK is willing to take cases to court in an effort to best represent clients’ interests. Through this approach, CCK’s lawyers often achieve successful outcomes for clients.
What Did Our Clients Say About Us?
In nominating the firm, CCK’s clients spoke about the firm’s expertise, customer service, and effectiveness. Here is some of the feedback that was received:
- “They have been thorough, supportive, and at many times, went above and beyond in their assistance to me throughout the process.”
- “I especially appreciated how patient and kind they were, explaining everything to me and keeping me well informed of every step and decision involved in my case.”
- “They did an excellent job for me and won my appeal for complete benefits and justice. I highly recommend them.”
- CCK’s Kerry Baker Featured on PBS News Hour
- Meet Chris Moon, winner of 2018 Law School Scholarship for Veterans
- CCK Presents at Veterans Law Continuing Legal Education Conference in Montana
- CCK’s 2020 Law School Scholarship for Veterans Winner: Michael Burten
- Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Named One of Rhode Island’s Best Places to Work 2018 By Providence Business News
Share this Post