Areas of Practice
- Veterans Law
Samuel “Seb” Pihan joined CCK as an Associate Attorney in August of 2022. His practice focuses on representing disabled veterans before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Seb received his B.A. in Portuguese and Brazilian Studies and in Economics from Brown University in 2017. He joined Phi Beta Kappa, earned Honors in Portuguese, and was awarded the Karina P. Lago Prize for outstanding achievement in Portuguese and Brazilian Studies. He then went on to receive his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 2020.
While at NYU, he served as Co-Chair of the Public Interest Law Student Association (PILSA) and as a Senior Articles Editor on the Review of Law and Social Change. He interned with Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A, the Legal Aid Society of NYC, and Mobilization for Justice.
After graduation, he began his career as the Frank M. Coffin Family Law Fellow at Pine Tree Legal Assistance in Portland, Maine. He served in that role for two years, representing survivors of domestic violence in protection from abuse, divorce, and parental rights matters, before joining CCK.
In his spare time, Seb enjoys writing, hopping between bookstores, and playing mandolin.
- State of Maine, 2020
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2022
- Not Licensed by Rhode Island
How to Apply for VA Disability Benefits
September 18, 2019
CCK Successfully Appeals Denial of Service Connection Based on Herbicide Exposure in Thailand
September 18, 2017
- Veterans to shop tax-free at online military exchanges
- Federal Circuit Decides in Favor of Blue Water Navy Veterans: Procopio v. Wilkie
- Conjunctivitis VA Disability Ratings Explained
- Board Lane Will Open to RAMP Participants in October
- CCK Helps Blue Water Navy Veteran Win Benefits for Myelodysplastic Syndrome