Areas of Practice
- Veterans Law
Samantha joined CCK in March 2021 as an Associate Attorney. Her practice area focuses on representing disabled veterans before the United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (CAVC).
Samantha earned a B.A., cum laude, from Northern Illinois University in 2016, majoring in Political Science: Public Law with a minor in English. In 2020, she earned her J.D. from University of Illinois Chicago.
During law school, Samantha spent three semesters representing veterans before the Department of Veterans Affairs and the CAVC in the Veterans Legal Support Center and Clinic. She also worked as a teacher’s assistant for a torts class and clerked for a civil litigation firm. She was named as a Baim Scholar in 2018 and received the 2020 Clinical Legal Education Association Outstanding Student Award. Prior to joining CCK, Samantha began her legal practice as an insurance defense attorney.
Since relocating to Rhode Island from Chicago to join the firm, Samantha enjoys spending her free time exploring the East Coast with her dog, Huck.
- State of Illinois
- Not licensed by Rhode Island
What is a Request for VA Reconsideration and How Does it Work?
October 4, 2019
BVA erred in its denial of Veteran’s increased rating claim for headache condition
February 19, 2018
- Flare-Ups: How They Impact Orthopedic Ratings
- Board Relies on Inadequate Reasons and Bases to Deny Increased Rating and SMC for Radiculopathy
- Conjunctivitis VA Disability Ratings Explained
- Agent Orange Locations: Panama and Kelly Air Force Base
- Do I Need a Lawyer If I Got Catastrophic Injuries In a Car Accident?