Mikala joined CCK in August 2015 as a Claims Advocate representing disabled veterans before the Department of Veterans Affairs. Over the years, Mikala was promoted to various levels of paralegal at the firm. Mikala sat for and passed the VA competency examination, and became a VA Accredited Claims Agent in March 2018, certifying her ability to represent our disabled veteran clients and their families before the VA and the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
Through her college career, Mikala interned for various organizations, such as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, VA, and the Rhode Island State Senate. Mikala graduated from The Catholic University of America in May 2015 with a bachelor’s degree in World Politics with a minor in Spanish. She also obtained her certificate of Paralegal Studies from Boston University in October 2015.
In her spare time, Mikala enjoys cooking, reading, traveling, and spending time with her husband, friends, family, and dog.
March 15, 2023
- Board Lane Will Open to RAMP Participants in October
- CCK Helps Veteran Win Extraschedular TDIU for Aggravated Foot Condition
- Denial of individual unemployability relied on inadequate reasons or bases
- BVA wrongly denies Veteran service connection for leg paralysis pursuant to 38 U.S.C. § 1151
- 100% Permanent and Total (P&T) VA Disability Ratings