Mikala joined CCK in August 2015 as a Claims Advocate representing disabled veterans before the Department of Veterans Affairs. Over the years, Mikala was promoted to various levels of paralegal at the firm. Mikala sat for and passed the VA competency examination, and became a VA Accredited Claims Agent in March 2018, certifying her ability to represent our disabled veteran clients and their families before the VA and the Board of Veterans’ Appeals.
Through her college career, Mikala interned for various organizations, such as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children in Alexandria, VA, and the Rhode Island State Senate. Mikala graduated from The Catholic University of America in May 2015 with a bachelor’s degree in World Politics with a minor in Spanish. She also obtained her certificate of Paralegal Studies from Boston University in October 2015.
In her spare time, Mikala enjoys cooking, reading, traveling, and spending time with her husband, friends, family, and dog.
February 1, 2018
May 16, 2023
- Board Errs in Denial of Service Connection for Cause of Death
- CCK Successfully Appeals Denial of Service Connection to Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- VA Denies Over 80% Of Gulf War Illness Claims, Report Finds
- Board Erred in Left Leg Disability Denial While Simultaneously Remanding TDIU
- VA Disability Benefits for Eye Conditions