Emma L. Peterson
Emma joined CCK in 2014 as an attorney, was named Supervising Attorney in 2021, and now serves as a Managing Attorney. Her practice focuses on veterans law and representing disabled Veterans before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Emma graduated from Connecticut College with a B.A. in Government in 2007, and graduated cum laude from Roger Williams University School of Law Honors Program in 2011. While in law school, Emma was a member of the Trial Team, the Women’s Law Society, and served as a Rule 9 Student Attorney with the Rhode Island Attorney General’s Office. Prior to joining CCK, Emma practiced at a general litigation law firm.
In Fall 2018, Emma presented a session on Extraschedular Evaluations at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates Conference in Washington, D.C. In her free time, Emma enjoys cooking with her husband who is a chef, and going to the beach with her daughters.
- State of Rhode Island
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association, Board of Governors, Governor at Large
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA), Member
- Rhode Island Ethics Commission, Commissioner