Areas of Practice
- Appellate Litigation
- Civil Litigation
- Veterans Law
Emma L. Peterson
Emma joined CCK in 2014 as an attorney, was named Supervising Attorney in 2021, and now serves as a Managing Attorney. Her practice focuses on veterans law and representing disabled Veterans before the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims.
Emma graduated from Connecticut College with a B.A. in Government in 2007, and graduated cum laude from Roger Williams University School of Law Honors Program in 2011. While in law school, Emma was a member of the Trial Team, the Women’s Law Society, and served as a Rule 9 Student Attorney with the Rhode Island Attorney General’s Office. Prior to joining CCK, Emma practiced at a general litigation law firm.
In Fall 2018, Emma presented a session on Extraschedular Evaluations at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates Conference in Washington, D.C. In her free time, Emma enjoys cooking with her husband who is a chef, and going to the beach with her daughters.
- State of Rhode Island
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association, Board of Governors, Governor at Large
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA), Member
- Rhode Island Ethics Commission, Commissioner
Obesity and VA Disability Compensation
July 9, 2018
How VA Rates Mental Health Conditions
January 17, 2019
- VA Benefits for Agent Orange – What Veterans Can Receive When It Comes to Exposure
- What A VA Incompetency Proposal Means – And How to Fight It
- 70% Disability Rating for PTSD
- Are Vietnam Blue Water Navy Veterans Entitled to Agent Orange Benefits?
- Decoding Decisions from the Board of Veterans’ Appeals