Emma L. Peterson
Emma joined CCK in 2014 and serves as a Managing Attorney. Her practice focuses on representing disabled veterans and their families before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, the Board of Veterans’ Appeals, and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Emma graduated from Connecticut College with a B.A. in Government in 2007 and graduated cum laude from Roger Williams University School of Law Honors Program in 2011.
While in law school, Emma was a member of the Trial Team, the Women’s Law Society, and served as a Rule 9 Student Attorney with the Rhode Island Attorney General’s Office. Prior to joining CCK, Emma practiced at a general litigation law firm.
Emma has been a speaker twice at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates bi-annual conferences. In the fall of 2018, she presented on Extraschedular consideration, and in spring of 2022 she presented on appeal options in the Appeals Modernization Act after MVA v. McDonough.
- State of Rhode Island
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, District of Rhode Island
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Rhode Island Bar Association, Member
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association, Board of Governors, Governor at Large
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA), Member
- Rhode Island Ethics Commission, Commissioner