Areas of Practice
- Veterans Law
Charlene Pratt joined CCK in July 2022 as a court team attorney. Her practice focuses on representing disabled veterans before the U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims. Charlene attended Roger Williams University, School of Law with honors and served as Executive Notes and Comment Editor at the Law Review. During school, she was also an Esther Clark Semi-Quarter Finalist at Moot Court and was the founder of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, President of the Environmental Law Society, a 1L representative for the Negotiation and Mediation Association, and a member of the Association for Public Interest Law.
Prior to joining CCK, Charlene worked at the Rhode Island Office of the Public Defender, held internships in the Environmental Unit at the state Attorney General’s office and a legal externship under Magistrate Judge Lincoln Almond for the U.S. District Court of Rhode Island. Additionally, she held clerkships for RI Supreme Court Chief Justice Paul Suttell and the Intermediate Court of Appeals of Hawaii under Judge Fujise.
In her free time, Charlene teaches yoga, sings in a rock and roll cover band, and enjoys to hike with her dog, Hank.
- State of Rhode Island
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
CCK Successfully Appeals Rating for Service Connected PTSD
May 18, 2017
VA Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) Rates for 2021
December 13, 2020
- CCK Helps Vietnam Era Veteran Exposed to Agent Orange Win Compensation
- VA Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA) and 2019 Compensation Rates
- President Announces Nominee for Chair of Board of Veterans’ Appeals
- VA Disability Ratings for Anxiety
- Denial of Unemployability Benefits Contained Legal Error, Court Finds