Vincent J. Chisholm
1929 – 2018Mr. Chisholm was the founder of our firm and had a long history of success in the state and federal courts representing victims of work-related injuries and other serious injuries. His knowledge and experience will continue to add a unique depth to the firm’s practice.
Mr. Chisholm attended the University of Rhode Island for two years, with honors. He served in the United States Army from September of 1946 until July of 1949. He went on to receive his J.D. from Boston University School of Law in 1954.
Vincent had a distinguished legal career, dedicated to representing disabled and injured individuals. He was a preeminent member of the Rhode Island Bar and was asked to serve in many capacities throughout his career, including serving as a Representative Member of the John Donley Rehabilitation Center, 1973-1985; Member, Order of Commendation, Supreme Court, Rhode Island, 1980; and Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Committee. In 2008, Vincent was recognized by the Rhode Island Bar Association with the Ralph P. Semonoff Award for Professionalism, the highest distinction bestowed on a member of the Rhode Island Bar.
Vincent remained active in the practice at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick, serving as “of counsel” to the firm on many matters in which his depth of experience was a great asset. CCK’s mission and philosophy stems from Vincent’s example of commitment to representing those in need, skilled advocacy, and unwavering integrity.
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Shola v. DiMeo Construction Co., Inc., 474 A.2d 1252 (R.I. 1984)
- Jobin v. American Drilling and Boring co., Inc., 374 A.2d 799 (R.I. 1977)
- Parkinson v. Leesona Corp., 341 A.2d 33 (R.I. 1975)
- Jackowitz v. Deslauriers (R.I. 1960)
- Precedential Decision: Increased Rating on an Extraschedular Basis
- Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD Named One of Rhode Island’s Best Places to Work 2018 By Providence Business News
- Providence’s Mayor Jorge Elorza Visits CCK
- Published: Robert Chisholm’s article about hazardous military exposures affecting Vietnam-era, OIF and OEF veterans
- Precedential Decision: Protected Work Environment, CCK Delivers Oral Argument at CAVC