Long-Term Disability: Definitions of Disability
In this video from our Long-Term Disability Practice, CCK Partner Mason Waring and attorney Leah Small discuss:
- Why definitions of disability are important
- “Own occupation” vs. “Any occupation”1
- Own Occupation (and “Regular Occupation”) definition of disability
- “Material Duties” – Physical vs. cognitive duties
- Material duties of almost every job
- Any Occupation definition of disability
- Any “gainful occupation”
- Doctors appointments
- Training, education, experience, and age
- Specialties & the “own occupation” definition of disability
- Social Security Disability Insurance vs. Long-Term Disability Insurance definitions
- Understanding The Basics Of Your Short-term Disability And Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Bell’s Palsy and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- What is Long-Term Disability Insurance?
- Tips for Completing Your Long-Term Disability Claim and Update Forms
- Getting Long-Term Disability (LTD) Benefits for Mechanical Back Pain
- What Is ERISA and How Does It Impact Your Disability Insurance Claim?
- Why do insurers deny long-term disability claims?
- What Is Disability Insurance?
- How Do You Learn More About Your Disability Insurance Coverage?
- What Are Some Practical Tips That Can Help You Deal With the Insurance Company?
Share this Post