Special Monthly Compensation
Living with a disability or other serious condition can have an enormous impact on your life. The benefits paid out by the VA may not be enough to cover the costs of your treatment and your lost income.
Even if you are already rated at 100 percent, it may be possible to obtain VA benefits above and beyond the standard veterans benefits known as Special Monthly Compensation. These benefits are paid in addition to the regular VA disability compensation.
Our veterans disability lawyers have extensive experience assisting clients with the claims process for Special Monthly Compensation.
How Do I Qualify for Special Monthly Compensation?
In order to receive Special Monthly Compensation, your disability must be service-connected. Special Monthly Compensation may be awarded when the service-connected disability involves:
- The loss of use of a limb, foot or hand
- Blindness or deafness
- Loss of breast tissue (for women)
- Loss of use of one or more creative organs (reproductive organs)
These are just a few ways to receive Special Monthly Compensation. Additionally, if you are unable to care for yourself and need long-term care from a medical professional or a loved one, you may be eligible for additional benefits for “aid and attendance.” In order to receive aid and attendance benefits, your service-connected disability must be evaluated as 100 percent.
If find out if you may be entitled to additional VA benefits, contact our veterans lawyers for a free case evaluation.« Return to the Veterans' Resource Center
- How Do I Increase My VA Disability Rating?
- As a Veteran, How Much Will My Appeal of a Board Denial to the Court Cost?
- What is the Process in a CAVC or Veterans Court Appeal?
- What is a Statement of the Case (SOC)?
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »