How Do I File for An Increased Rating Claim?

Increased Rating Claim

If the symptoms associated with your service-related disability have increased over the years, you can file a claim for an increased rating with the Regional Office (RO). A higher rating will result in higher VA benefits. If your disability prevents you from working, you can also apply for Total Disability Based on Individual Unemployability (TDIU).

Our veterans lawyers can help you file a claim for an increased rating. Our goal is to help you to receive the maximum VA benefits you deserve for your disability.

When Can I Receive an Increased Rating Claim?

A claim for an increased disability rating is based solely on whether your symptoms have increased since your last rating. The BVA treats an increased rating as a new disability claim, so you will need to file a new claim with your VA regional office. Our veterans lawyers can assist you in obtaining the proper medical evidence to support your claim.

« Return to the Veterans' Resource Center

Related Pages