After a car accident, you might be facing extensive medical bills and lost wages. If another party caused your accident, you might be able to recover compensation for your injuries and other accident-related costs. A car accident lawyer in Providence at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can help.
We do not charge you for our time, only for results. We do not recover compensation unless you do. The consultation is always free. Call us today at 401-331-6300.
Do I Need to Work with a Car Accident Lawyer from CCK?
Rhode Island does not require legal representation to file an accident claim. However, it is very easy to make a mistake that can jeopardize your claim or bar you from recovering compensation entirely. This is especially true if you are trying to focus on recovering from your injuries.
Our team will handle all the following for your claim:
Communicating with the Insurance Company
Insurance companies have one goal: saving money. One way they do this is by finding ways to devalue or deny valid insurance claims. They might accomplish this by offering a settlement that is less than you deserve or getting you to admit you caused the accident or are falsifying your injuries. To prevent this and protect your claim, we handle all communication with the insurance company.
Insurance Company Negotiations
If you want to receive compensation after a car accident, it almost always involves negotiating with the insurance company. This process can be difficult as the insurer will do what it can to keep its costs low.
If you accept this settlement and later find out your injuries are worse than you expected, you cannot come back for more money later.
We will negotiate with the insurer on your behalf and work hard to maximize the amount of money you receive.
Help Minimize Your Stress After a Crash
Aside from recovering both physically and mentally from your car accident, you might be faced with doctor appointments, car repair estimates, shopping for a replacement vehicle, and more in the coming days and weeks. Each item on its own might seem manageable, but together they can amount to a significant source of stress.
At Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, we go beyond providing you with aggressive representation after a car accident. We also have a support staff to help you tackle all the minutiae so that you can focus on getting better.
How Much Is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
As we investigate your accident and the circumstances surrounding it, we will determine a value for your claim. We involve you in this process by listening to you and discussing our valuation with you before making a settlement demand to the insurance company. Your damage calculation may include some or all the following types of damages:
- Medical bills;
- Lost income;
- Reduced earning capacity;
- Property damage;
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional anguish.
Is There Anything I Can Do to Help My Car Accident Case?
There are three things you can do that can have a big impact on your case:
- Keeping up with doctor’s appointments: This can help protect both your physical and financial health. If you skip doctor’s appointments or ignore your doctor’s orders, the insurer can claim that you are exaggerating your injuries or contributing to them by neglecting your medical care. This can lower your potential settlement by thousands of dollars.
- Watching who you speak to about your accident: Saying the wrong thing to the wrong person can jeopardize your case. We suggest our clients stay off social media during their accident claims; however, we know that is not always realistic. Be careful about what you say. Make sure your profile is private so that only your friends can view your posts. Do not post about your accident on social media and be careful who you accept friend requests from.
- Keeping a pain journal: Making notes about your injuries and how they affect your everyday life can help you establish your pain and suffering. For example, say your back injury keeps you from attending a family reunion. Make a note of that. Discuss your pain levels each day.
How Can I Recover Compensation for My Car Accident Injuries?
The driver who caused your accident should be liable for any injuries or property damage. This means that you would file claims against that driver’s insurance for your accident costs.
To recover that compensation, we must be able to prove that the other driver caused the accident. This usually includes proving the driver acted negligently. Negligent behavior might include:
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while intoxicated
- Texting and driving
- Failure to yield
What If I Contributed to the Accident? Can I Still Recover Compensation?
Yes. Rhode Island follows a pure comparative fault law. This means that even if you bear some of the liability for a crash, you can still receive damages from the other driver’s insurance company; however, your share of fault will lower your settlement award.
For instance, if your damages are $20,000 and you were 40 percent at fault, you can still win $12,000 in damages from the other driver. The remaining $8,000 that you forfeit corresponds with your percentage of fault.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation Today by Calling 401-331-6300.
Count on Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD for aggressive and compassionate representation after a Providence car accident. We offer a free case evaluation to get started on your claim. Call today: 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »