A car accident can leave you stressed and worried about the future. If you have injuries, you are probably dealing with pain and discomfort on top of the mounting financial stress. Perhaps the insurance company is calling and asking questions, or the other driver is claiming you were at fault when you know that you were not.
Regardless of the circumstances of your accident, a car accident lawyer serving Pawtucket at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can protect your rights and help you get the compensation you deserve. We focus on car accident law and have helped many victims in the challenging days and weeks following a crash.
We want to put our resources to work for you. You pay us only for results, not for our time. We are only paid if we recover compensation for you. The consultation is free; call today for yours: 401-331-6300.
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Many people think they can handle a car accident case by themselves. And this is technically true. However, if you decide to handle your case without legal representation, you must do everything a lawyer would have — all while recovering from your injuries and managing your life.
A lawyer can handle all the following for you:
Dealing With the Insurance Company
To get compensation for your injuries you must deal with an insurance company. There is no way around it. The insurance company, a for-profit business, wants to make as much money as possible. That means it might try to pay out as little as possible to accident victims looking for compensation.
When you work with our attorneys, you get knowledgeable negotiators on your side, a team of professional with experience fighting powerful insurance companies for people like you. We fight aggressively to get you the compensation you deserve.
Arguing for a Fair Settlement
Within a day or two of your accident, you will probably begin to receive calls from the insurance company. Don’t allow the insurance company to convince you to settle your claim before you have hired an attorney.
When you accept the insurance company’s settlement offer, you might end up leaving thousands on the table. Insurance companies usually do not offer the entire amount you are eligible to receive, but because it is so soon after your accident you have no way of knowing the true value of your accident. For example, you want to be sure that your injuries have healed or at least know your medical prognosis for the future so that you can be compensated for your medical bills and permanent impairments, if you have them.
Our attorneys will determine the value of your accident injuries and fight to maximize your settlement.
Preparing Your Case for Trial, If Necessary
In some cases, the insurance company will refuse to offer you a fair settlement. If this occurs, we are not afraid to stand against the insurance company in court. We are able to settle cases because we do what we can to assemble the strongest case for you. That way, the insurance company knows that it will face a challenge if it decided to fight you in court.
What If the Other Party Accuses Me of Causing the Accident?
This is not uncommon. Either the driver or the driver’s insurer will claim you caused or contributed to the accident. If an investigation finds out that you did contribute to the accident, you can still recover compensation. It is important to note, however, that your percentage of fault will decrease the compensation you recover.
For example: the other driver ran a red light, but you could have lessened the impact of the collision had you not been speeding. The investigation found you 20 percent at-fault; if you requested $50,000 for your injuries, you would be entitled to $40,000 (80 percent of $50,000).
While you are still entitled to compensation even if you contributed to the accident, we will work to get you the highest compensation possible.
How Much Is My Pawtucket Car Accident Claim Worth?
As soon as we investigate your accident, bodily injuries, and property damage, we can assign a value to your claim. Then we file a claim with the insurance company and fight aggressively for you. Your award could include some or all the following damages:
- Medical bills (current and future)
- Lost earnings
- Reduced earning capacity (if your injury required you to change careers or retire)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
Call 401-331-6300 to Discuss Your Case for Free
The team at Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD can protect you after a car accident, helping you recover the compensation you deserve. The consultation is always free. Call today for your free consultation: 401-331-6300.
OUR CLIENTS LOVE US, AND SO WILL YOU. SEE WHAT CCK CLIENTS HAVE TO SAY.
- It has been one of the best legal experiences that I have personally encountered. Their follow up and their follow thru has been on perfect terms. Wow, they have given me a celebrity experience! Impressive! Read More »
- These people are FANTASTIC!!! I highly recommend this firm to Veterans everywhere. Honest Legal Help like this is priceless and they are extremely skilled. So Satisfied with the results...5 stars!! Read More »
- I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to this Firm. From the Class A staff to the Lawyers, there are no complaints. Everyone treated me fantastic!! After 30 yrs of fighting on my own, they were able to win my case in less than 15 months. Read More »
- My case was initially rejected by the VA but with the thorough review by CC&K , the VA agreed with the case that CC&K made and awarded my initial rating of 30% retroactive to 1975. Read More »
- We had struggled for eight plus years, with the VA, and got nowhere. Our case was sent to CC&K and in less than one year, we were they won all his back pay and 100% rating. We could not be more pleased. We highly recommend this firm for anyone struggling with the VA. Read More »
- I thought I could go it alone. I filed several disability claims through the VA only to be denied over and over again. I knew I needed help. I found that help with the law firm of Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick. They filed for me and won. Read More »
- I'm so glad we sought the help of CCK on my husband's VA claim. We had been going back and forth with the VA for 5 years on his claim without seeing any progress. Then we found CCK and the case was resolved in about a year! Read More »
- I was fighting for my VA disability compensation for 10 years. I was ready to give up and then CCK took my case. I immediately felt at ease because they kept me informed every step of the way and there was so much less stress for me. Read More »